D009 bar on a K095 mount head?

FlyFishn

29 minutes ago, spudulike said:

If he did get it working, he would be forever lifting it out of the cut to get back in to the power-band to keep the cut going. The oiler won't be up to it, the clutch will slip, the machine will be forever bogging down, AV would suffer

Thanks for the notes.

Going off your last post, if your cutting pallets and dont want to bend over as much, hence your reason for a longer bar then put the pallet on a table, problem solved! 🤠
I’ll get my coat….. I’m off to put my 46” bar on my Ms180!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, adw said:

Are you planning to run 3/8  chain?

That is what the saw is, yes. Unless I changed the sprocket/clutch bell I have to run 3/8".

As to gauge what I have now is .058". I am not opposed to go to .050", but I think going the other way to .063" is just going to cut a wider kerf and take more power on top of the added length.

9 minutes ago, FlyFishn said:

I do have a 20" bar and full chain (not skip). The only time I've used it in the past ~9 years is when I want a smoother cut - such as less aggression trying to cut pallets or smaller wood. Other than that, I've left the 24" + skip chain on and its been running that way for years.

I'm not arguing the "experience and common sense" you're getting at, but I'm willing to go outside the box and try something. According to the same logic - the 24" bar shouldn't work but in my experience its been great for me. I don't have a larger saw to compare to, so my definition of "great" vs yours are probably two vastly different perspectives. A difference in perspective doesn't mean something "doesn't work" - just that there are different perceptions of how well, to what degree, or with what side affects, or with what challenges. Thus - there's nothing to prove to you or anyone else.

We're not talking about putting 2x the max weight in an airplane causing it to drop out of the sky. We're talking about getting further reach with a saw.

Chainsaws are dangerous enough without trying to refabricate bars to fit that shouldn,t be on that size saw anyway,but crack on go "outside the box" as you say,don,t think you will get anyone here to agree with what your doing

I would not both but this could work, you would need to talk to them direct to get an answer.

UHDS36-50WR 36"[91cm] GB Lo Pro Milling Bar[Double Slot] Husqvarna K095 Mount 3/8 Lo Pro .050 114 drive links. K095...

2 hours ago, woody paul said:

I would not both but this could work, you would need to talk to them direct to get an answer.

UHDS36-50WR 36"[91cm] GB Lo Pro Milling Bar[Double Slot] Husqvarna K095 Mount 3/8 Lo Pro .050 114 drive links. K095...

Interesting. Thanks for the link.

I looked at that close to see how it was set up. The rivets on the nose are not flush rivets. It is a milling bar so the tip is not part of the cutting portion - it is clamped in the mill. So for that application it would not matter if the rivets aren't flush.

For burying the bar in wood the rivets would have to be flush with the face of the bar (which should be narrower than the kerf so it is easier to pass through the kerf).

I guess one thought would be to modify the nose section/rivets and work them flush.

GB bars of that type often have rivets that are a bit too proud. I've had to grind down a fair few on some bars.

That saw will not oil a bar longer than 24 inches enough to keep it cool enough to use for long cuts. In order to keep the bar cool, and due to it needing more time for the cut, you would literally be spending more time and doing more damage to the saw than simply keeping the rig set up as it is.

You would be wasting your time fabricating a d009 to fit.

Some have mentioned you can cut from both sides on larger wood. I'll also mention you can cut twice the length of the bar by staying on the same side if you know what you are doing. There are plenty of videos on the toobz showing this, including a few of mine.

Use the right tool for the job. Everyone here is telling you the same thing - there is a pattern. And they're all professionals here who have years of experience. If you were wise, you'd listen to them.

Edited by wyk
  • Like 3

To be honest anything is possible given enough time and thought but for what you will get out of it there will be no meaningful reward . It will make work harder , not smarter . Bite the bullet and buy a bigger saw . I have tools that I only use once in a blue moon but when I do its well worth it .

• Like 2