Bandit 90xp equivalent or upgrade?

swinny

Hi there,

Can anyone enlighten me as to other chippers out there, equivalent and or next size up etc from the bandit 90? Trying to see if I continue with said machine or go for a slight upgrade within reason!

I like second hand and don't have the need for the latest model etc happy with old but usable....

Also if anyone knows the weight of these? Trying to find the balance between size production and weight. Think current bandit 90 is approx 1950kg so not bad for what it is. 

Currently has a decent sized roller box though hopper is quite small.i think! But the top roller open and crush is great. 

Many thanks

Edited by swinny

On 30/12/2021 at 22:17, dumper said:

The bandit is pretty bomb proof easy to fix and not expensive on parts with not much in the way of electrics, a large hammer, adjustable spanner and roll of duct tape fix most problems why change?

It's quite old and getting worn in a few areas so was wondering what there was for reasonable value out there.... this machine would be worth throwing a few k at easily but seeing what's what. I may end up having to do so yet. Still usable and out every day though

20 minutes ago, swinny said:

It's quite old and getting worn in a few areas so was wondering what there was for reasonable value out there.... this machine would be worth throwing a few k at easily but seeing what's what. I may end up having to do so yet. Still usable and out every day though

Which engine pack have you if it’s the perkins I’d keep it

If it was mine I’d spend some money on it the feed roller motors are rexroth and can be rebuilt all the bearings can be got local and the engine is not expensive a few thousand would give you a new machine at far less than a new one with none of the modern problems 

• Like 2

The 90 has a seventeen by nine throat why would you want to chip bigger and I think one of the most durable on the market plus no one nicks scruffy old chippers so would forget the paint job you can even get all the transfers on ebay

Edited by dumper

On 29/12/2021 at 21:42, swinny said:

Hi there,

Can anyone enlighten me as to other chippers out there, equivalent and or next size up etc from the bandit 90? Trying to see if I continue with said machine or go for a slight upgrade within reason!

I like second hand and don't have the need for the latest model etc happy with old but usable....

Also if anyone knows the weight of these? Trying to find the balance between size production and weight. Think current bandit 90 is approx 1950kg so not bad for what it is. 

Currently has a decent sized roller box though hopper is quite small.i think! But the top roller open and crush is great. 

Many thanks

I really rate the 1390’s as a great size, takes anything you really need to chip, and a cone splitter can sort out the odd bits after that.

Drums will keep going to the almost death if you have to, I’ve been on Rail shifts where literally you’d think the last hours worth got burnt not chipped, but nothing ever took any harm.

Trouble is the latest engines with all the crap on literally need unbolting and putting in storage, whilst you lump on a proper engine for your own use and swap it back when you sell it.

Some fancy stuff coming through now from several manufacturers, but can’t see them standing the rest of time like a B’dit.

Edited by LGP Eddie