Tip sites

djbobbins

Just in case it helps.  I contacted my local tree surgeons directly and now have enough supply from one of them to supply my needs for logs.  Not all of them have material available but some do and as I live near him it works for us both.  He is only quite a small business but had logs left over from what he needed so was happy to drop them at mine on the way home rather than have them build up in a big pile.

This was sorted out before I found out about the tip site so I never needed to add myself.

Rob

P.S. I also put him in contact with my son's school and he drops off chip there.

6 hours ago, Rob_the_Sparky said:

I contacted my local tree surgeons directly

Does not compute.. you mean you spoke to someone like face to face or on the phone or something and got it sorted. The internet will be very angry with you.

Having said that most of my log supplies and access to them are from talking face to face to people, all sorts of people, just need to talk to them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

LOL.  Well actually I tried e-mails to several companies as I figure that these can be read whenever is convenient rather than ringing people who might be in the middle of a job.  Only spoke to them after initial e-mail contact!

N.B. thinking about it - I have also obtained wood from walking over and talking to people taking down a couple of trees in our road...

Edited by Rob_the_Sparky

59 minutes ago, Rob_the_Sparky said:

More to the point it sounds like traders are using the tip sites listings more when they are out of their area

which kind of makes sense, an established firm working in their area would have arrangements to get rid of their waste I guess (which might be a piece of land with a big pile on that they are happy to give away if you ask).

I have been fortunate to have been given more logs than I can use, so I now have my own directory of friends who can take them away again! Some of the tree surgeons are ones I approached when seeing them working but just had a very polite call from someone on here who will be tipping next week.

Tends to go in fits and starts. I can go months without anything and then some weeks I get several different companies tipping. Just a shame it's so bloody wet in my field as can't shift it around the place without chewing it up

• Like 1

I've listed as a tip site and found this site fantastic.  Generally get a call about when I'm needing another load, and had a couple of loads of hardwood dropped off too.  All from tree surgeons working out their normal area.  They've been very appreciative for letting them tip, I'm grateful everyones happy.  Have had it where about 5 phone up the same week and turned them away but they understand, try and point them to another tip site if i can.  

Keep up the good work😊

• Like 1