Backnell tree surgeon fined £6000

chopperpete

Looks like some checks were carried out but maybe not enough.......

"For anyone carrying out tree work, please don’t make the same mistake. When you look on Bracknell Council’s TPO map make sure you tick on the ‘Layers’ section for TPO and Conservation area, and when you call or email Bracknell Forest Council to check for TPOs, as we did, make sure you specifically ask about conservation areas too and not just TPO’s, as they won’t always point it out to you."

https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/reading-berkshire-news/bracknell-tree-surgeon-fined-6000-22516831?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=exchange

Edited by chopperpete

It pays to know your local area and always double check if in any doubt.

our local area is all online and free to check. However I do know of one road where I have worked a few times and none of the paper records were computerised so there are a whole load of mature trees that don’t show up in a search. Large limes, oaks and horse chestnuts. Anyone could easily fall foul with these even after doing the correct checks

On 27/12/2021 at 17:36, rapalaman said:

It pays to know your local area and always double check if in any doubt.

our local area is all online and free to check. However I do know of one road where I have worked a few times and none of the paper records were computerised so there are a whole load of mature trees that don’t show up in a search. Large limes, oaks and horse chestnuts. Anyone could easily fall foul with these even after doing the correct checks

I don’t think you could though?

If the council have a facility like that and they screw it up, how can you be held responsible?

Go back to the ‘90’s when you had to send a letter in requesting TPO status?

Maybe Jules can confirm the position?

@daltontrees