Looking for my first vehicle

Donnie

1 hour ago, GWYNFIL said:

i have a berlingo  too low to the ground even more so when loaded. i cannot get up my track wet and it is stone. I am thinking dacia duster diesel as well. 50 gallon i believe. the berlingo is the multi space but the back seats rarely down. I will have to look a space in the duster maybe strip as pointed out.

I had the worksite pack on mine, which included grip control (clever traction control modes for offroad), 30mm raised ride height, bigger (mud and snow) tyres and underbody guarding. 

That made a big difference.

• Like 2

This is my mates Dacia Duster. Drove 300 yards up a ride like this, backed in and parked. Drove straight out with absolutely no drama.

I fully expected to be pulling him back out to the stone road with the winch tractor. A bit small in the back but stripped out it should be similar to the old Astravan I reckon. And a realistic price too. 

IMG_20211223_092304.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Big J said:

I had the worksite pack on mine, which included grip control (clever traction control modes for offroad), 30mm raised ride height, bigger (mud and snow) tyres and underbody guarding. 

That made a big difference.

mines the older shape 53 reg. time for a change me thinks. dont get me wrong i love it fantastic load space if i take the seat stays out and trim i can get an ibc  in it.

• Like 1

A while ago I was passing the time of day with a forestry commission fellow and I asked about his berlingo, which seemed a little out of place in the forest.
He explained it had some kind of pack on to raise it a bit, but the trick was it was 4wd.
Whether it was factory fitted or a fc conversion he didn’t know.
The latest small van the commission run about up and down the ride ways at the moment are Ford couriers in the familiar green livery.

Will be getting into tree felling within the new year. I'm looking for my first vehicle in the forestry industry. I'm tied between a small van like a Berlingo or a pick up truck like a L200 as I will be going down a lot of forest roads which I know are in most cases horrendous. 

If anyones got any photos of there set ups that'd be great also. Cheers. 

I’ve tried every type of vehicle. Small van, big van, 4x4 pickup, 4x4 suv. Whatever you get, you will wish that you had done different. Each vehicle has pros and cons
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

Find your next car with Auto Trader UK, the official #1 site to buy and sell new and used cars. Over...

These are getting harder end harder to find 

Dated, and will require constant maintenance. Lots of rot also unless it's been exceptionally well treated. For that money you'd be better off with an old Ranger IMHO- they're not exactly good on juice either,

Fond memories though- was my first diesel 4WD- so my first proper tow motor.