Pick up truck Vs tipper Vs panel van

Tommygunn1992

4 minutes ago, Tommygunn1992 said:

So it seems, I can't believe how some of these hold their money. Some have near 90,000 miles and still asking for 18k.

Not a good time to be buying a secondhand vehicle of any type, prices are mental atm.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

No one is going to say “I haven’t really looked after it mate”

The online mot history will tell you more than any seller will. That said, the engine is always a gamble. Just change the oil and cam belt as soon as you get it, and cross your fingers. 

32 minutes ago, Tommygunn1992 said:

So it seems, I can't believe how some of these hold their money. Some have near 90,000 miles and still asking for 18k.

90,000 miles is nothing, I saw a van for sale that looking back on it's first mot (3yrs old), it had 125,000. Both my current vans are over 180,000 each

And yes current prices are bonkers.

Edited by scbk

6 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Just had my new Ranger (that I put the down payment on in August) put back till end of February 2022.

That’s why second hand prices are nuts, cannot get new stuff.

Crazy, my in-laws were waiting over 18 months for a new discovery and knocked it on the head, went for a lexus two months ago and "should" receive keys soon. 

I ordered a new Hilux in March - was told I’d have it before Xmas. Now they don’t know when it’s coming!

I’m in same boat, ordered in Apr and told Nov at latest. Sold my truck in Sep and now told I won’t get the new one until Mar. On the upside I got great money for the old one!
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

I ordered a new Hilux in March - was told I’d have it before Xmas. Now they don’t know when it’s coming!

I drove past the Toyota and Nissan dealers on the way to the Ford garage, not one Hilux on the Toyota forecourt and one Navarra on the Nissan one with the word ‘introuvable’ plastered on the windscreen, which in that context means unobtainable, or don’t bother asking.

All about these semi conducter/microchip things apparently. 

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 1