Utility Pole distance from road edge

Paul in the woods

14 minutes ago, Justme said:

Plenty round here you can loose your door mirror on even with all the wheel on the black stuff.

I'm more worried about loosing our phone and electric.

I'm wondering if an old telegraph pole is an indicator for where the edge of the road used to be before traffic widened it.

Edit to add, what's this 'black stuff' you mention? Half the road is green (people have been known to mow it) and the other half is a mud.

Edited by Paul in the woods
  • Haha 1

Perhaps not a legal mimimum distance but a recommended distance, or best practice? I saw one today that was right next to the road as there was a wall behind it so may not have been able to put it anywhere else. The poles I am concerned about have plenty of room behind them so were probably put a sensible distance from the road and the road has widenend over time.