What rugged (dumb) phones are people using

scbk

After nearly 7 years of abuse my aldi rugged mobile phone is nearing the end of it's life.

Don't need a smartphone.

Needs to be tough as old boots.

2 features I would like if possible (which the aldi phone doesn't have) are predictive text and better camera

Ulefone Armor X3. It is a smart phone (and as a long time avoider of smart phones - honestly, they are so useful once you have one) but with epic battery life. 3-4 days of heavy use is standard on one charge. 

I would strongly recommend one.

I'm looking for the same as I had to go back to my old Nokia which I had given up on due to being unable to see the screen in even any daylight, the new Nokia dumbphone was worse, I managed to polish the screen of the old one a bit but it needs changed.

I've been looking at the Cat B30 which claims to be waterproof, dirtproof, drop proof and loud with a long battery life and a semi decent camera.. have a look.

My problem is that I know sfa about tech👍

TOUGHPHONES.NET

The CAT B30 is a tough mobile phone with an IP67 rating, making it  dust and water proof. This is a simple and easy to...

Edited by Macpherson

I've been using the samsung b2710 for years found it pretty good. Although not sure if they make them anymore.

I've got one of these too, and had it for years. It seems pretty bombproof and the battery lasts forever. I only have it as an emergency phone really though, so it gets little use. I couldn't have it as my primary phone; it's functionality is somewhat basic to say the least, not much Smarts that I've found!

If you only wanted a phone to be a phone and make phone calls with then I'd highly recommend it.

Just seen the OP. It's got predictive text. Never much used the camera so just been having a play. It looks ok, basic but clear enough.

On 17/12/2021 at 20:09, Steven P said:

not really rugged but I have a sony-Ericson K900 or something like that, decent enough camera, makes calls and texts and cost about £30. Does me well enough though might not be tough enough

Used to have a Sony Ericsson k750i back in the day! That was a good phone.

Every time you find a phone that sounds up to the job, you keep reading, and find something wrong with it.

AGM M6 sounded good 

WWW.AGMMOBILE.COM

AGM M6 Rugged Phone Unlocked, 4G LTE Dual SIM Phone with 35mm Super Speaker, IP68/IP69K Waterproof, AT&T...

But then I read somewhere the text message memory is only 200 messages, which would be hopeless