Stihl MS362 clutch exploded HELP!

Paulie

Hi all. 
I have been cleaning up damage from storm Arwen for the past week and just yesterday my beloved MS 362 locked up on me and cut out. Couldn’t turn it over at all. On further investigation I found the clutch snapped in to about 4 pieces! I’ve fished it all out and got a new clutch. But I can’t for the life of me unlock the remaining clutch price off the spindle. I know it’s reverse thread. But it is jammed tight. I’ve shocked it with a mallet on the 19mm breaker bar but it’s not budging. Wondered if anyone else had a good idea or experience of getting these removed? 

You could try a rattle gun on it but remove starter cover 1st as some mechanisms can be damaged.

Piston stop but be very careful not to damage piston especially if you use the screw in type, or you can put starter cord in through plug hole to do the same, but make sure exhaust port is closed as you don't want to jam any in there.

Yeah I’ve shoved the cylinder full of cord past the point of the ports. Its jammed up nicely. I’ve been told it’s not so good to use a impact driver on them but if that’s what it takes I’m left with little other option. I’ll give it a go tomorrow. 

I ended up cutting off what was left of the clutch in to a neat 19mm bolt. Then got a deep socket and the air ratchet gun on full pelt and after about 3 seconds or so it came off 👌

my next option was the dremmel. 
thanks for your input everyone. 

7637174B-09D1-4021-BDAA-6A7517703F54.jpeg

3FE2E3B8-89C4-46B6-AE3D-F2121FB89F6A.jpeg

• Like 2

Impact wrenches are totally different to bar and socket which are constant Torque where as impacts are shock which often won't turn shaft so not putting force on engine parts.

Whipped bolt out of crankshaft pulley on car didn't even move crankshaft and could have been an issue as two types one has to be pegged other it's ok

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1