Scam or not.

Mick Dempsey

Did a bit of looking into this earlier.there is a chance it’s a large company who have a yard nearby in that small village  .hes sold several off road bikes and had another in picture also another chipper and van in pics  .pile of broken bikes/rubbish looks dodgey .

50/50 chance of stolen I’d say or bought as spares/repairs and bodged for resale .

I did try a an almost new 130 unit the other week and thought it was underpowered .ok though but slow .the yellow ones are better 

25 minutes ago, Jack.P said:

Did a bit of looking into this earlier.there is a chance it’s a large company who have a yard nearby in that small village  .hes sold several off road bikes and had another in picture also another chipper and van in pics  .pile of broken bikes/rubbish looks dodgey .

50/50 chance of stolen I’d say or bought as spares/repairs and bodged for resale .

I did try a an almost new 130 unit the other week and thought it was underpowered .ok though but slow .the yellow ones are better 

The Arb130 is the same platform, chip chamber, rotor, blah blah blah as the 150 but fitted with a 23hp Vee twin Honda. The Arb150 was 34hp diesel, 25hp diesel or 37hp Petrol so will be suited to a different workload and budget. 

Not in Norway.

I lived in London  for about 20 years and most work was in Kent.  Seen many a truck like that doing the rounds.

I was back in the UK for a couple of months this summer ,in the North East.

On the second or third day I heard something…

‘Rag Bone’

It was like a flashback from the 70’s and I went to the window to look for the  horse and cart, only in modern times they were in a knackered transit.

A friend commutes from Hartlepool to Sunderland and often takes the back way though through the scruffy villages east of the A19. He reported once seeing a couple of tracksuited lads out collecting scrap with a trailer made from a couple of van axles, being towed by a horse. He suspects the horse wasn’t aesthetic choice as much as necessity.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rich Rule said:

That wouldn’t surprise me as those back roads pass through a lot of the old colliery towns/villages.  It is like a time warp when you enter them so seeing a Rag ‘n’ Bone man with horse and cart is still a regular occurance.

Could even be a selling point in gentrified areas...

Stuart

• Like 1