Notch portawrap or Stein RC1000/ RC2000

john87

1 hour ago, IronMike said:

I’ve no experience of it myself, but noticed this little set up when ordering off Chris Forestry yesterday……

https://www.chrisforestry.co.uk/store/Tree-Runner-Rigging-Bollard-P-500-Kit-p371965020

Any bollard it a massive step up in terms of controlability compared with a capston.

But don't forget that natural crutch rigging can be far more efficient.

Don't get too hung up on the shiny 'my precious'.

• Like 1

Any bollard it a massive step up in terms of controlability compared with a capston.
But don't forget that natural crutch rigging can be far more efficient.
Don't get too hung up on the shiny 'my precious'.
I was thinking this, the vast majority of the stuff I rig is just the awkward branches and done with spider sling, I reckon it has about half a wrap friction. Dead easy to set up, saves getting the bollard out of the van at all.

WWW.GUSTHARTS.COM

Buy Shizll by 14mm Deadeye Sling with ArboRing from our Lowering & Rigging range - @ Gustharts
  • Like 1

I recently bought 25  meters of this stuff, available from a hardware store, cheap as chips, brilliant for natural crotch work as is doesn’t glaze like the expensive stuff if you run it, and for self lowering as it’s easy to lock it up the tree, splice in a loop yourself, very light (you don’t realise how heavy the new ropes are till you try this stuff) just one wrap round a tree for the groundy plus what’s on the branch will hold most things.

For light to medium occasional rigging I’ll get it sent up.

Of course on a big technical job we go full shiny stuff.

image.jpg

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 2

That proper old school mick 👍 

When I was just the lad on a site I saw a (reportedly experienced) groundy  take a wrap around a giant garden gnome, it didn’t end well, it must of been one of the only tree climbing gnomes, it’s career only lasted one climb and it was game over 🤣 

if your going out for a takedown it’s bollard every time other wise a porta wrap or we got a set of rigging rings made like a cambium saver so they can be pulled at the end easy, or put in with a throw line when you have one limb to do that wants a high anchor to rig off. I do use natural crotch but the rings give more consistency of friction 

Just wait a couple of years, they’ll rebrand it as

“Dempsey’s textured, ribbed, friction-inducing all in one lowering facilitator” and charge $500 for it.

Or ‘Thanos’s Bootlace’ so it doesn’t sound like a condom.

The kids will be all over it, with one of these and a modded 200t they’ll be all over Instagram with slo-mo vids and a grime music backing track.

You just have to be ahead of the curve.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4