Grillo 62M

helen@waltonhowarth.co.uk

the  machine is brand new, I collected it from the  shop, took it home ready assembled.  When the rain stopped(!)  we started it  up and  I took it  out in the  field and it did maybe half an hour ... which was not really difficult terrain, (sheep grazed) did nt hit any protruding rocks,,,,The shop assembled it  in so far as putting the  handle on, all the rest was done by Grillo, 

my reason for starting the question was to see if anyone else had had a similar experience, or knew the set up of the blade and could say .... you are  missing  xyz..... something  that I could go back to the shop  to go back to Grillo  with... I think their (the shop's) own engineers  are  surprised at the  design,... but being able to say to Grillo  that there is a definite problem as evidenced  by  all these other cases ..... would be really good  .  Pictures of part number the  196066

boss 1.jpg

boss plus bolt.jpg

On 20/12/2021 at 09:42, Commando said:

I have the CL75 which is the bigger version. I can assure you they are serious tools, robust and well up to cutting/mulching thick vegetation. Iirc the shaft in mine is stepped down so the blade fits directly onto it, the bolt and washer assembly just basically clamp it in place?

would  it be  possible to post the exploded diagram of the  CL75 blade arrangement?  I cannot access it as you need the machine's own serial  number to download it ....  and I would really like to know if it is different to the  62M    thanks H

would  it be  possible to post the exploded diagram of the  CL75 blade arrangement?  I cannot access it as you need the machine's own serial  number to download it ....  and I would really like to know if it is different to the  62M    thanks H

Sorry Helen I’m not in uk until mid Jan. Looking at ur photos and the parts diagram there are some significant differences such as ur bolt being fully threaded unlike to one in parts diagram. I would definitely take the machine back and get them to rectify the issue. Something clearly ain’t right there!
  • Like 1

(such as ur bolt being fully threaded unlike to one in parts diagram)    ooo I missed that....but  even so  it still would be a smaller diameter  to that of the hole  (10mm:20mm)

the  joy of returning the  machine is that it would take 2 ferries and a 4 hour  journey ....and back !    ... winter timetable might make that a  2 day journey .......

7 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

(such as ur bolt being fully threaded unlike to one in parts diagram)    ooo I missed that....but  even so  it still would be a smaller diameter  to that of the hole  (10mm:20mm)

the  joy of returning the  machine is that it would take 2 ferries and a 4 hour  journey ....and back !    ... winter timetable might make that a  2 day journey .......

Nooooooo!!! What a bugger! 
Surely there should be some sort of centralising spacer insert? No way is what you have correct. 
Send the dealer and/or the Grillo importer the link to this thread - it would be interesting to hear their take on it (and find out from the horse’s mouth how it is supposed to go together). 

• Like 1

Could it not be as simple that the blade bolt was not sufficiently tightened on PDI by the dealer. The blade then started to spin on the bolt as can be seen from the witness marks on the blade, boss and bolt. This wore the original 10mm hole to 20mm during the 30 minutes of use. ( I have seen this on various mowers)

A new blade bar 196809 should cure the problem if I am right.

Good luck.

• Like 2

There doesn't appear to be any register or locator nor any kind of extra dowls or bolt holes to stop the blade movement! Anything left on the floor or field?

Distance is not really an issue with parts being sent out to rectify the problem if your rights have been infringed and you should "facetime" or video call the shop or Grillo so they can see in an instance and be able to compare directly with a stock machine. 

• Like 2