Grillo 62M

helen@waltonhowarth.co.uk

Looks like a M10 bolt....you are measuring the outside thread on the bolt and the peaks of the thread on the hole...in other words, the thread is 0.8mm deep!

The other bit is the pitch of the thread per mm - measure 10 threads and divide by 10 which gives you the pitch of the thread.....typically bolts and screws will be listed as M**X** so you may have something like M10x1.25 so 10 threads will measure 12.5mm of bolt length...1 thread = 1.25mm.

M10 is typically 1.5 or 1.25 thread pitch....purchase and make sure the replacement is an easy fit in to the hole...don't force it.

You also need the length of the threaded part of the bolt unless you hack saw and reform the end of a longer bolt.

So in short.....M10 (diameter)....X Pitch of thread.....followed by length of the bolt!

Was this what you wanted??????

I think my description got lost in the posting!  ... what I typed was .....we recently bought a grillo 62M lawnmower  to deal with untamed small patch of ground, after less than an hours work it was making knocking noises and onn  investigation the  blade was rattling on its  fixings,   we sent  off for replacement fixings  but   what was sent  ( in accordance with the exploded parts diagram  )  was a  10mm bolt  to go through the 20mm hole in the blade ( plus a couple of washers) we cannot see any way that the  blade will not rattle around and wonder if anyone else has a grillo 62m  and  hence   if we have had the wrong blade  fitted to our machine,.... ?          Grillo are saying  it is  correct,   but we wonder  (as we  did not return the  blade) if  this is where the  issue lies.   Alternatively  has anyone else experienced this problem? 

the  point being that Grillo are saying that the parts are all correct, and we think that something has gone wrong, whether the wrong blade, a mistake in the size of the hole, a missing part that does noto have at appear on the exploded diagram or ????? !!!!. but whilst we might be able  to have some sort of filler made  we think  that the manufacturer should be saying where they have gone wrong and putting it right! . so we were wondering if anyone else had experienced the same 

I don't have such a machine but looking at the manual doesn't the blade fit over the end of the drive shaft and then the bolt screw into that with three washers keeping it firmly together?

I looked at page 56 here: 

In this section operator's manuals in pdf for all Grillo models are available. Files in this section are not valid for the EU...

9 minutes ago, Paul in the woods said:

I don't have such a machine but looking at the manual doesn't the blade fit over the end of the drive shaft and then the bolt screw into that with three washers keeping it firmly together?

I looked at page 56 here: 

In this section operator's manuals in pdf for all Grillo models are available. Files in this section are not valid for the EU...

It does look that way. A photo of the components may help but I would think the shaft would be 20mm and the blade would be a clearance fit on to the shaft and the bolt and washer will clamp it tightly in position. 

It is possible it wasn't assembled correctly and it has worn the shaft down but a 20mm blade hole on a 10mm shaft just won't work, it would be out of balance, vibrate like hell and eventually come apart.

the  manual  drawing .... page 56 referred to by Paul in the woods is the 62 model  that has been replaced by the 62M... I understood that it was mainly a different engine,  but in fact the blade is different too,..... and  as Paul said ...  a 20mm blade hole on a 10mm shaft just won't work, it would be out of balance, vibrate like hell and eventually come apart....is exactly it ! 

parts lits 1.pdfThere is nothing going through the blade except the bolt    item number  52956

of the washers underneath there are, in order from the bottom  ie closest to the head of the bolt  2 washers that are 10mm id=1 with striations, (10mm id)   a fat washer also 10mm id, then a bigger, dished washer that  is 20 mm id    ref numbers 50195, 2431, 55754... then the section of blade, and then a big boss that sits ontop of the blade 196066 which is threaded to take the bolt and is then connected to the shaft. 

Edited by [email protected]

• 3 weeks later...