Diseased larch

billy_wizz

33 minutes ago, billy_wizz said:

Has anybody sorted the paperwork out to be able to cut diseased larch recently and able to point me in the direction of further information regarding requirements for a licence and the general requirements please

Tia 

Pete

Local woods by my have loads of it to fell but it all has to be milled on site which is not viable for me. If you are not milling the bark has to be stripped of every tree before removal from site.

Edited by topchippyles

Just now, topchippyles said:

Local woods by my have loads of it to fell but it all has to be milled on site which is not viable for me. If you are not milling the bark has to be stripped of every tree.

Oh that sounds odd we are struggling to get timber delivered because we don't take diseased so trying to find out what's required to take it as our suppliers have plenty of the diseased larch available

Its not that difficult, the 2 main requirments are 1) you need some hard standing for the delivery wagon to sweep off on to, 2) you must have means and demonstrate how you are to disspose of the off cuts (slab wood ) and all bark arisings, you cant sell the off cuts slab wood for fire wood, The licence you need is a Pytothera processing licence which will carry a number and any haulier delivering to you should ask you for it so all infected timber can be traced, Go the FC website and you will be able to find all you need, What Les has said is not right, that was a rumour that did the rounds about 5 or 6 years ago,  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

Its not that difficult, the 2 main requirments are 1) you need some hard standing for the delivery wagon to sweep off on to, 2) you must have means and demonstrate how you are to disspose of the off cuts (slab wood ) and all bark arisings, you cant sell the off cuts slab wood for fire wood, The licence you need is a Pytothera processing licence which will carry a number and any haulier delivering to you should ask you for it so all infected timber can be traced, Go the FC website and you will be able to find all you need, What Les has said is not right, that was a rumour that did the rounds about 5 or 6 years ago,  

The local woodlands to me are run by a trust. What i have said is what i have been told after a couple of meetings with them. Not saying that is the case for everyone just local to me spud.

Licence is simple to get if you meet the criteria asked of you..........from me it was hard standing for unloading the lorries and to sweep clean them before leaving the site.  No trees to be overhanging the site and no rhododendron growing adjacent to the site.
Got the site checked and was issued with a licence number which I quote to who I am buying the wood from. Simples!

Explanation of system for licensing hauliers and wood processors in United Kingdom (UK) moving and handling wood and timber from forests affected by Phytophthora diseases...