Avant/Multi-One Mower Decks

monkeybusiness

11 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

Have you actually looked at many?

I’m only going on results I’ve seen in customers’ gardens - as I said I’m happy to be proven wrong.

I love the idea of them but I’ve yet to see anything replicate the finish of a freshly mowed lawn. 
(Chelford Farm Supplies near me sell more of them than any other dealer in the UK apparently, so people are obviously happy with them. I do know two people who had them installed but have gone back to traditional mowing though). 

I towed gangs on a avant that a customer had sitting in a garage and wanted rid of for a season , was far quicker than the stiga I'm now using but had to done more regularly and the avant wasn't great on wet ground but it did leave a good finish.. just wasn't overly keen on racking up hours doing that with a machine I don't really want to replace.

My thoughts and the feedback I’ve had from users is that an out-front mower with pivot steer is a much better option for obstacle-mowing than anything mid-mounted. 
The tool-carrier aspect of a loader would definitely be put to use by this potential owner - there are plenty of reasons for them to own one and cost isn’t a particular barrier(!)
How the quality and speed of cut compares to a stand-alone commercial out-front mulching mower is the crux of the question. 

From experience you could get a TORO or Kubota or Iseki or Grillo out front or JD, etc...
Range of price new would be between 25 and 38k

Or get a big zero turn such as the cub cadet with steering wheel or Ariens with sticks for about 10k or less. Zero turn are excellent for moving about. Or otherwise husky do the outfronts.

We have 5 ride ons of differing spec from top of the range to the bottom and we mow about 40 acres of grass and lawns. Personally I like the cub cadet for manoeuvring. But the big 4x4 TORO is excellent for big wide open areas.
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

I’m only going on results I’ve seen in customers’ gardens - as I said I’m happy to be proven wrong.

I love the idea of them but I’ve yet to see anything replicate the finish of a freshly mowed lawn. 
(Chelford Farm Supplies near me sell more of them than any other dealer in the UK apparently, so people are obviously happy with them. I do know two people who had them installed but have gone back to traditional mowing though). 

I was hearing a local estate now has 15 automowers; 

WWW.HUSQVARNA.COM

Inverness’ Dochfour House Credits Husqvarna Automower® For Lush Estate Lawns

One of the photos has stripes in one of the lawns, so I assume they must put a roller over it now and then.

8 hours ago, scbk said:

I was hearing a local estate now has 15 automowers; 

Inverness’ Dochfour House Credits Husqvarna Automower® For Lush Estate Lawns

One of the photos has stripes in one of the lawns, so I assume they must put a roller over it now and then.

Even in that PR photo the grass looks terrible!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

Spready spready…

🤮 would most likely just get stuck on top too.

I agree with you, automower lawns always look absoloutely rubbish. You might as well put a couple of sheep in instead, would give a better finish and a few good meals to boot.

Although to be fair, its done a very reasonable job of the banks compared to an unwilling lad on the strimmer tasked with strimming banks all day. I can see the attraction.

Dochfour Estate Installation Automower 435X, 450X, 430X and 315X

Edited by doobin

On 26/11/2021 at 11:03, AJStrees said:

From experience you could get a TORO or Kubota or Iseki or Grillo out front or JD, etc...
Range of price new would be between 25 and 38k

Or get a big zero turn such as the cub cadet with steering wheel or Ariens with sticks for about 10k or less. Zero turn are excellent for moving about. Or otherwise husky do the outfronts.

We have 5 ride ons of differing spec from top of the range to the bottom and we mow about 40 acres of grass and lawns. Personally I like the cub cadet for manoeuvring. But the big 4x4 TORO is excellent for big wide open areas.

I used the zero turn Cub Cadet with steering wheel ( Kawasaki V twin ) for a number of years . I was impressed with it .

• Like 1