Which stump grinder next!?

Robbinson

what's the opinions between the SG40 and the pred 38, there about the same price but the pred grinds deeper  and has vari tracks and is narrower and the RX pred now comes with a dozer blade as standard.

what's the opinions between the SG40 and the pred 38, there about the same price but the pred grinds deeper  and has various tracks and is narrower and the RX pred now comes with a dozer blade as standard.

I’ve got the pred 38. Pretty good machine. Biggest downfall is fuel economy.
£70 to £80 a day on petrol when she’s working hard.

20 minutes ago, lux said:

I’ve got the pred 38. Pretty good machine. Biggest downfall is fuel economy.
£70 to £80 a day on petrol when she’s working hard.

Yikes, that's a lot! be the same for all the machines using that engine though. makes my diesel Carlton look cheap on fuel.

Yikes, that's a lot! be the same for all the machines using that engine though. makes my diesel Carlton look cheap on fuel.

Indeed. Although the difference might not be so big now they will be on white diesel. [emoji20]

16 minutes ago, lux said:

Indeed. Although the difference might not be so big now they will be on white diesel. emoji20.png

Mine won't!

Saying that Red is silly money at the moment.

Update, Red is now 43p Lt cheaper than petrol so its coming down again.

7 hours ago, Robbinson said:

That is where I got my bandit from in the end. Safe to say I will never ever be buying from them again. 👎🏽

Be interested to know what was up like but I wasn't that impressed with them when I tried to buy a chipper off them. Chasing them to spend a good chunk of brass, couldn't be arsed nor had faith in them in the end

7 hours ago, Ian C said:

what's the opinions between the SG40 and the pred 38, there about the same price but the pred grinds deeper  and has vari tracks and is narrower and the RX pred now comes with a dozer blade as standard.

Go on the fb pages and see how the yanks are having issues with them. Mainly running issues.... maybe it's their fuel but lots have issues with the efi...

I spoke to predator a while back and they said that the p28 and 38 had very similar torque, just that the 38 ran higher rpm to achieve that thus drinking more fuel. 

I bought an older p26 in the end. I like it.

If they still did the 28, rx and dozer v

Blade 👍 

After that I'd want a vermeer sc60tx 😎