E10 petrol and headaches ?

miker

I started using Aspen and equivalent Husqvarna and Stihl pre-mixed fuels approx. 3 years ago before E10 petrol was introduced because I was getting headaches and feeling awful after prolonged chainsaw and hedgecutter usage. Never had a problem since I switched to Aspen. Well worth the money for the health benefits alone in my experience.

Edited by Ashes_Firewood
  • Like 1

On 07/11/2021 at 11:00, Con said:

Buying in bulk might not be simple for everyone.  The extra storage space, security issues etc

You're right, though 25 litre drums shouldn.t present an issue - I pay just over 88 quid for a drum in Kent and if you weigh that against 1.60 odd for super unleaded plus decent 2 stroke, it isn't loads more. I'm using that in forestry saws so they are running near constantly for hours. If it lessens the risk of cancer, it's worth the extra (and its coming off your tax bill)

• Like 2

Try this

AAOIL.CO.UK

Product is in stock – can not be bought via website. Please call the office for more...

UL 91 is unleaded and aviation fuels are alkylate.  It's also 95 Ron, the 91 is Mon. £98 + Vat for 55 litres, £335+vat for 195, if there's not too much delivery cost then that's half the price of Aspen isn't it?

28 minutes ago, neiln said:

Try this

AAOIL.CO.UK

Product is in stock – can not be bought via website. Please call the office for more...

UL 91 is unleaded and aviation fuels are alkylate.  It's also 95 Ron, the 91 is Mon. £98 + Vat for 55 litres, £335+vat for 195, if there's not too much delivery cost then that's half the price of Aspen isn't it?

That's hugely interesting. Have you tried it?

Nope. I'm just a home owner scrounging ~15 cube of firewood a year, but I'd try it if a nearby airfield stocked it and would sell me a gallon.  I've been using shell v-power to avoid e5 and now Esso synergy 99+ as they guarantee e free, but have considered avgas for ages. However UL 91 and 94 haven't been common in the UK yet, it's all been LL100 (low lead).  Googling just now was the first time I got that hit I think.  55 litres is a bit much for me...10 years use!  I'd pay the £2/litre for that.

It ought to work fine, it's e free alkalyte petrol at 95+ Ron designed for light aircraft as a safe alternative to mogas (motor gas). It ought to be very high quality too.

1 hour ago, neiln said:

Nope. I'm just a home owner scrounging ~15 cube of firewood a year, but I'd try it if a nearby airfield stocked it and would sell me a gallon.  I've been using shell v-power to avoid e5 and now Esso synergy 99+ as they guarantee e free, but have considered avgas for ages. However UL 91 and 94 haven't been common in the UK yet, it's all been LL100 (low lead).  Googling just now was the first time I got that hit I think.  55 litres is a bit much for me...10 years use!  I'd pay the £2/litre for that.

It ought to work fine, it's e free alkalyte petrol at 95+ Ron designed for light aircraft as a safe alternative to mogas (motor gas). It ought to be very high quality too.

A mate's dad has a Cessna. I'll see if he can get me a can to try. Very much obliged to you for the suggestion.

• Like 1