Amenity woodland Crapstone

6 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Anyone on here bidding?

I did a site report for a bidder. 

15 mins to run and just passed reserve 

https://app.bambooauctions.com/property/amenity-woodland-at-crapstone-5448700

Many years ago got asked by a girlfriends brother if I could help him in those woods as he was allowed to take any of the fallen wood. The deal was we split the wood 50/50 and I would bring my chainsaw as he was only using a bowsaw (he was 13 ish). We tidied up the place nicely but then got stopped as apparently some 'pro' had been in there clearing tonnes and tonnes of wood. Dont think the entrepreneurial young lad had told Lord Roborough of his plans to get help 😆 

First time I was ever called a 'pro' when in truth back then I was just a farmer with a saw and couple of log customers. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

Many years ago got asked by a girlfriends brother if I could help him in those woods as he was allowed to take any of the fallen wood. The deal was we split the wood 50/50 and I would bring my chainsaw as he was only using a bowsaw (he was 13 ish). We tidied up the place nicely but then got stopped as apparently some 'pro' had been in there clearing tonnes and tonnes of wood. Dont think the entrepreneurial young lad had told Lord Roborough of his plans to get help 😆 

First time I was ever called a 'pro' when in truth back then I was just a farmer with a saw and couple of log customers. 

Just closed at 61k (plus the fees)

Would have been a reasonable buy at around 40 but 61 is a bit rich 🤑 

4 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

Plenty of consultants around there who would see that as pocket money

True 😂

A couple of big houses backing onto it - it would have been a good buy for one of them. 

Maybe the one that has let their garden bamboo spread across the boundary got it. 

A bit of road side Ash to address too. 

C5BC8B39-7A22-4502-8D3F-AB14A74937EA.jpeg

B75D0639-8E35-44B4-ADA0-5B451CF17ECE.jpeg

• Like 1