COP26

kevinjohnsonmbe

A massive bit of virtue signalling here in this photo of my bike wheel that has become so worn with everyday use that the rim has become so thin that it has broken away from the main wheel!

I still do not think I am going to do much to help the greenhouse gases as I probably expel as much CO2 and maybe other noxious gases from my body as the Kawasaki Mule on the same round trip!

04CF87D0-E72F-4FC1-84DE-A86C32E6FB53.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Extra brownie points if  you re-use the spokes and hub with  a new rim. 🙂

Also tyres aren't very eco its not easy being green.....

FRIENDSOFTHEEARTH.UK

Vehicle tyres are probably the biggest source of plastic pollution in our rivers and seas, according to a new report...

Edited by Stere

Don't think it would be that difficult  to make tyres from bio plastics / natural rubber etc but probably be alot more expense, and require alot of agri land area. They don't seem too exist atm though seem there are a few prototype ideas research

Slave like conditions  for the workers ...

Least bike tyres create alot less pollution that a car....

Edited by Stere

On 03/11/2021 at 16:20, Woodworks said:

Cant say I even follow this sort of event anymore. They will waffle on and sound well meaning but unlikely to make more than token gestures to the problems at hand. Politics is so short term most just kick things down the road for the next sucker. 

Happy to be proved wrong though as I am desperate to see major changes

This sums up how serious our leader appears to take it

safe_image.jpg

So how far off was this post?

Cant work out how good or bad deal they signed off on. Sharma didn't exactly seem ecstatic about it thats for sure

On 12/11/2021 at 10:19, sime42 said:

More bad news, not much of a surprise though; all that rubber wearing off has got to go somewhere.
Another reason to reduce the number of cars on the road, rather than just switching them all to electric, IMO.

They could start with an easy one by taking the ban off electric scooters. To me they seem perfect for all these short journeys and could take loads of cars off the road. I’d buy one tomorrow if I wasn’t worried about being made a criminal for using it. My car would hardly move most days if I could use one.

• Like 1