COP26

kevinjohnsonmbe

7 minutes ago, nath said:

I have the answer. Mass depopulation. Its THE only solution. All these stupid summits are just pissing in the wind and done only to make it look like they're making an effort. They know the real score.

Too bad theres not a vaccine or something that could humanely depopulate the world somehow.

Yep but I notice that the de population idea usually applies to other people - ie I don't see many people topping themselves [in a carbon neutral way of course] in order to reduce strain on resources.

• Haha 1

Yep but I notice that the de population idea usually applies to other people - ie I don't see many people topping themselves [in a carbon neutral way of course] in order to reduce strain on resources.

No one needs to be killed. Just let nature do it’s thing. Stop providing aid to every third world shithole that produce kids like rats and can’t support them without artificial aid. Stop providing aid to countries where people breed like rats on land that can’t support the most basic of an existence without aid.

Education of family planning is pointless, it’s time to consider enforcing it.

The untold billions raised for Africa has resulted in nothing except that those who would have died off naturally where kept artificially alive and now there’s much more of them to feed.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

No one needs to be killed. Just let nature do it’s thing. Stop providing aid to every third world shithole that produce kids like rats and can’t support them without artificial aid. Stop providing aid to countries where people breed like rats on land that can’t support the most basic of an existence without aid.

Education of family planning is pointless, it’s time to consider enforcing it.

The untold billions raised for Africa has resulted in nothing except that those who would have died off naturally where kept artificially alive and now there’s much more of them to feed.

Very difficult to measure but we have likely taken far more from countries like Africa than we have ever given.

But I don't have all the facts...

Likening people to rats though? Seriously?

I support projects in Africa that provide clean drinking water - I think it's every child's birth right as a minimum to have clean water to drink as they grow up. What you have written above is madness mate.

• Like 5

Just now, Rob D said:

Very difficult to measure but we have likely taken far more from countries like Africa than we have ever given.

But I don't have all the facts...

Likening people to rats though? Seriously?

I support projects in Africa that provide clean drinking water - I think it's every child's birth right as a minimum to have clean water to drink as they grow up. What you have written above is madness mate.

They breed like rats. They pump one out after another with little thought out into how they plan on feeding them in a barren unfruitful land. To feed them and provide them drinking water is just compounding and exasperating the problem. 

Each to their own though. 

1 hour ago, Rob D said:

That did make me smile Rob! 😂

It's a lot like the re-distribution of wealth issue.

It's always those that advocate it applying it to those that are 'above' them in the rankings but what happens to their firmly held belief when someone 'below' them in the rankings applies the same rationale?

No, no, not me Guv, it's them super rich that wants taking off.

I'm conflicted on the issue.  Wealth disparity is certainly a 'thing,' but who decides what the threshold is?  

Doesn't look like leaving the people of the world that consume the least to die would actually save you Andy.

Maybe implement your plan closer to home, hit the real consumers that are doing the damage. Which of your kids should be removed for the greater good, which one should you be allowed to keep? How many hundreds of Africans could be allowed to carry on living their lives if you got a job you could walk or cycle to...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

Doesn't look like leaving the people of the world that consume the least to die would actually save you Andy.

Maybe implement your plan closer to home, hit the real consumers that are doing the damage. Which of your kids should be removed for the greater good, which one should you be allowed to keep? How many hundreds of Africans could be allowed to carry on living their lives if you got a job you could walk or cycle to...

He's got you there @trigger_andy  That is the 'rub' in this whole situation.

There seems to be a degree of ignorance, (wilful or not we'll never know), creeping into this discussion. Whilst wiping out the population of Africa and other third world countries may satisfy one person's more odious personal agendas it'll do very little to reduce global carbon emissions.

Whilst third world population growth rates are obviously a big problem, they're more of a localised issue, and not the immediate global problem. That's the CO2 driven climate change; CO2 produced largely by industrial activities that feed consumption by us in the developed world. It hardly needs pointing out but there ain't much industry in Africa, aside from a few countries like Nigeria and S.A.

• Like 2