Land rover 130 TD5. What's it worth?

benedmonds

Got 3.5k for a 300tdi 90 1997 last year. Been off the road for 6 years and needed a full chassis, brakes, springs and bushes. The engine was sound as was the rest of the running gear. Bulkhead was good but commercial body was full of dents. I kept it to let my friends kids learn to drive in my top paddock. Now they’ll have to use an equally wanked Range Rover.

3 hours ago, benedmonds said:

Time has come to pass the old LR on to someone who can give it some love. We have owned it for the last 10 years, serviced every year, had a bunch of welding and wheel bearing done  and now has 12 months mot. 130  tipper. TD5, year 2000 only 110000 miles.  

It has not been used hard and it's most extreme off roading it has done has been across a golf course.. The interior and exterior is very tatty.. Don't know if the winch works, not had a rope on it for years..

Tidy crew cab 130's seem to be going for silly money. What's a scruffy tipper worth?

20211102_125946.jpg

20211102_130014.jpg

20211102_130101.jpg

20211102_124948.jpg

20211102_125922.jpg

20211102_125932.jpg

20211102_130154.jpg

Ben I have a crew cab 130 with a galv chassis and it 'seems' to be worth anything between 9-15K plus with 200k on the clock.  The galv chassis obviously makes a massive difference (fitted about 5 years ago).  It's just got the original tub on it.

Yours is appealing to arb types - not very (probably) to others as they would not need the arb bits.  That said, if your chassis is good - I see the pictures but it's the inside that reallyt counts (ditto A pillars and bulkhead etc) then it would make a good base for a camper conversion so could have non-arb appeal. Low mileage too.

In short, it's worth what someone will pay for it.  As long as it is presented for sale in the best condition it can be then someone will pat well for it.  Don't rush to sell it - these things are going up in value.

If I had the spare cash I'd buy it but I love landrovers (and hate them too - just had the pdeal box welded up again).

I guess the real question is what do you as a business owner need it to go for, find out what condition it needs to be in to sell for that and go from there.

If I win the Euromillions tonight I'll be in touch...

7 hours ago, Puffingbilly413 said:

Ben I have a crew cab 130 with a galv chassis and it 'seems' to be worth anything between 9-15K plus with 200k on the clock.  The galv chassis obviously makes a massive difference (fitted about 5 years ago).  It's just got the original tub on it.

Yours is appealing to arb types - not very (probably) to others as they would not need the arb bits.  That said, if your chassis is good - I see the pictures but it's the inside that reallyt counts (ditto A pillars and bulkhead etc) then it would make a good base for a camper conversion so could have non-arb appeal. Low mileage too.

In short, it's worth what someone will pay for it.  As long as it is presented for sale in the best condition it can be then someone will pat well for it.  Don't rush to sell it - these things are going up in value.

If I had the spare cash I'd buy it but I love landrovers (and hate them too - just had the pdeal box welded up again).

I guess the real question is what do you as a business owner need it to go for, find out what condition it needs to be in to sell for that and go from there.

If I win the Euromillions tonight I'll be in touch...

One person with a sensible answer.. I am in no rush to sell, it doesn't owe me anything. I obviously want to maximize my return, but reckon the cost in making it look nice would add up. Replacing buttons and knobs seats etc, etc .. 

I guess I start high and see what response I get. It would make a great looking camper