Land rover 130 TD5. What's it worth?

benedmonds

I wouldn’t bother spending any money on parts such as seats just to sell it. You’ve already done the best thing by putting it through the MOT. Someone will buy thinking they’ll improve it to their requirement. Until they realise a nice pair of seats could be £200 min, solid straight doors 3-500 a piece, straight bonnet 150, straight complete wings 300 each, cab roof 300, carpet set 150, alloy wheels with mud terrains 1500, professional paint job on LR front(not tipper) 750 min. What I’m saying is it would cost a small fortune to bring that Land Rover up to show pony standard and it’s still going to fetch probably £9000 - £12000 min as it is😳

Has to be somewhere around £13k I would think.
I have just listed my 110 Hicap, no MOT,  127k miles, rotten chassis, it is really only a rebuild, put up a couple of hours ago and have had over 30 inquiries and 5 want to view tomorrow.

Edited by scraggs
  • Like 1

That was my initial idea but there are so many little bits that need to be sorted .
Maybe, and maybe the worst case is to spend time thinking and arranging work at risk of making or losing a few quid, it's just a business vehicle and you are not in the business of motor trading.

When I bought my last trailer I just traded the old one in, could have sold it privately for more but considering time invested, tyre kickers, people I don't know poking round I just thought best get shot, deal done same day and move on.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

Maybe, and maybe the worst case is to spend time thinking and arranging work at risk of making or losing a few quid, it's just a business vehicle and you are not in the business of motor trading.

When I bought my last trailer I just traded the old one in, could have sold it privately for more but considering time invested, tyre kickers, people I don't know poking round I just thought best get shot, deal done same day and move on.

Sound comment and advice here, your place won't end up robbed later!

• Like 1

There are some crackheads about who think old shagnasty Landys are worth more than gold - the overpriced ones tend to stay for sale though (asking £40k and getting £40k are two different things).
I’ve just seen this which is probably priced correctly - it’s an optimistic price for a late, tidy, well sought after model. Undoubtedly other misguided sellers would expect it to make another £10k plus though….

44924E7F-2288-413F-962A-8E5279F52902.png

Love them or hate them, your money is generally safe in them.

I have a queue to buy my current Commercial 90, but they won’t be getting it as LandRover have basically told me they have no idea when it’s replacement will be delivered, and expect 12 months delay!🤷‍♂️

This 300tdi 130 project I had came straight out from about 5 years in the nettles, jet wash and gone on e bay at over 5k in 2017.

Even the trade are desperate to get hold of anything these days, we buy any car are really causing them issues.

I’m not surprised, my Nephew in the trade was sorting out my wife’s Evoque sale and a text came through to me upping the previous we buy any car offer by £1800!!

I called him, he said fetch it back and run it down, they’ll knock you a couple of hundred for the stone chips but the offer is absolutely crazy so go for it.

In and out in 20 minutes sold, and he was spot on, knocked me a couple of hundred for the stone chips and that was it.

FA2D1D43-3019-4457-90B2-CF118C09DCCA.jpeg

651D93BB-E75A-48A9-9E70-0F5CB4ED4742.jpeg

1BB5ACFD-6FD4-4B21-983A-62FEA742C5EC.jpeg

We just sold a 2003 TD5 110 tipper which we bought from a customer as a non runner. It had 209k miles, we did new shocks, rear springs, front brakes, painted rear chassis, new tyres, Wolf rims, service, MOT and sorted the engine running issue. Had it advertised for £11,750 plus vat and took an order the same weekend for asking price. Customer is a local tree surgeon and collected earlier this week.