Greenmech Timberwolf or forst

Connagh

Older machines even if ‘ refurbished ‘ are a pita when they break down, yes it’s usually a relatively cheap fix on parts but it’s usually on a driveway with a pile of brash and a couple of guys standing about.  If it’s tracked then that’s a whole other ball ache if it’s not moving, I endured 2 second hand machines over a 3 year period and I grew used to their faults as quick as they got worse so it was just part of the course, popping the bonnet of the jeep to get the jump leads out, wiggling a switch, cleaning out a fuel filter etc etc.  Expecting it to break down so leaving it running and if anyone else ever used it I would have to point out all the quirks thinking it’s normal and the sunniest I’d used thought I was mad and hated the site of the machine.  If you only need 1 a few times a month in summer, hire in a new 1 would be my advice.  An older machine doesn’t start off the key every time after sitting for months doing nothing.

12 hours ago, Connagh said:

I know what your saying 

I know my friends machine has been really well looked after maintained properly are barely used. The Timberwolf for 11,500 plus the vat is a good price but I’m not vat registered so I won’t be able to claim that back. Where as the fact I’m only going to be using it once a week at most probably once a month in the summer when we’re gardening. It’s not really worth me spending too much money I’ve used gravity fed, and can’t believe I haven’t got arthritis in my hands already bloody hate gravity fed machines. I know even a second hand machine will probably see me through at least 10 years if it’s looked after and regularly serviced.

I’d buy your mate’s machine then - it sounds like he’s offering you a bargain!