Old carabiners wanted!

Treetom15

As the title suggests, I’m after some old used carabiners, to use for speed line slings. Ideally 2 or 3 way locking gates, they don’t need to have LOLER (probably items that failed LOLER due to sticking gate etc would be best!) 
anyone got anything kicking about they don’t want/any loler assessors got any “condemned” ones they want rid of? Promise they won’t be climbed on😂

You do know that you still need to loler your rigging kit don’t you? Speed lines are part of rigging and therefore covered under loler as you are still suspending a load from said line (all be it a moving one, but that isn’t relevant to the regulations).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Duncan. said:

I got a load of screw gate carabiners off eBay for this purpose way cheaper than the speed line kit on honeys! They were from a rock climber who replaces all his carabiners every couple years, think I paid £60 for about 30 of them.

Worth having a look on there.

I did try eBay but I didn’t fancy trawling through all the knock off key ring ones😂 will definitely have a look thanks! Yeah the “official” speed line kits are unbelievably expensive! 

9 minutes ago, swinny said:

Just go buys some you tight wad!

I had a job come up recently so just went out and bought 6 slings and crabs. 

Just buy some.... crabs were only 9-10.00 each plus vat. Bugger all in the grand scheme of things 

As I said-I’ve already got kit that’s correct & LOLER tested etc (slings & biners included) but I’m after some old ones for zipping smaller lighter stuff out-slings I’ve got or they’re £5er, most lads speed line kits are old biners anyway!

@Lowestoft Firewood they look ideal thanks very much mate!

2 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

I got mine from Skyland mate.

Steel, which is important, 22Kn rated, and less than a fiver each.

Foin Oval Screwgate Connector Foin have been making connectors for over 20 years proving their quality...

That’s perfect mate, I’d rather have something with an actual load rating and they are as cheap as chips, ideal! Will get some ordered tonight 

• Like 2