90cc chainsaw

edd01

Hi everyone,

thanks to everyone helping me solve my sachs dolmar 123 issue, learnt a lot :).

for bigger knotty logs that i will get for free and some very large downed local trees that are over three feet, i would be interested in getting a 90cc chainsaw with a shorter bar as i dont wish to wield something that dangerous. 

Are there any recommendations on any older saws that parts are still available for that isnt going to cost me  £1000 ?

I actually found a dolmar sachs 133 which is 85 cc but finding parts is almost impossible it seems.

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, edd01 said:

Hi everyone,

thanks to everyone helping me solve my sachs dolmar 123 issue, learnt a lot :).

for bigger knotty logs that i will get for free and some very large downed local trees that are over three feet, i would be interested in getting a 90cc chainsaw with a shorter bar as i dont wish to wield something that dangerous. 

Are there any recommendations on any older saws that parts are still available for that isnt going to cost me  £1000 ?

I actually found a dolmar sachs 133 which is 85 cc but finding parts is almost impossible it seems.

Thanks!

Husqvarna 395xp is a great saw if you can a good secondhand one,and parts would be readily available,or a 288xp

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edd01 said:

ah yes, someone did mention one of these to me come to think of it a while ago but it as shown to me with nearly a forty inch bar, was a bit much. 
thats probably a decent thing to get though

You could always go for a Dolmar/ Makita 7900,strong saw and just under £650 new

Bomb proof,  really good vibration damping, shame that they have stopped making them.
Are they good on a 36" ? I've a 9010 which I would have said best Makita for that length but I don't have a 7900 to compare.

Otherwise the Stihl 660 seems popular, Husqvarna 395 prices I guess will come down a bit with the release of 592xp.

Are they good on a 36" ? I've a 9010 which I would have said best Makita for that length but I don't have a 7900 to compare.

Otherwise the Stihl 660 seems popular, Husqvarna 395 prices I guess will come down a bit with the release of 592xp.

Been looking at buying a used 660 lately. You can't get one for less than £650(and They are tatty) which seems ludicrous to me. So I am picking up a new 661 tomorrow for just over 1k.

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

<p>stihl ms660 Petrol chainsaw. </p><p>Heavy duty chainsaw </p><p>Selling as spares and repairs as the spark plug keeps popping out I think the thread has worn away </p><p>It will pull over and it seems to have a lot of compression when the plug is pushed in hopefully it will be a easy fix for someone who knows what to do</p><p>Apart from that it seems to be a good solid saw</p><p>What you see is what you get </p><p>Happy bidding </p>