Advice on new 661

muttley9050

I'm guessing they didn't pdi then! Every saw that goes out should be checked over for any running issues, if it's oiling, damage etc. I'd be checking if they actually register the warranty if simple checks can't be done. You'll be surprised how many machines don't get registered 

• Like 1

I'm guessing they didn't pdi then! Every saw that goes out should be checked over for any running issues, if it's oiling, damage etc. I'd be checking if they actually register the warranty if simple checks can't be done. You'll be surprised how many machines don't get registered 
So do stihl recommend that dealers fuel and oil up each saw and run test it?

37 minutes ago, muttley9050 said:
47 minutes ago, gand said:

Read more  

Naturally! It's a pre delivery inspection required for the sale of any 2 stroke machine. 

Probably won't be oiled, but it'll be filled with stihl motomix or the equivalent and ran up and checked then drained prior to postage 

1 hour ago, muttley9050 said:
1 hour ago, gand said:

Read more  

49 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

Naturally! It's a pre delivery inspection required for the sale of any 2 stroke machine. 

Probably won't be oiled, but it'll be filled with stihl motomix or the equivalent and ran up and checked then drained prior to postage 

Stihl say to check every machine is in a safe and running order. In this case the saw was being collected, so I would of been expecting to a saw fully assembled, fueled and oiled. 

Was the box sealed? Was there any fuel or oil in it? If not they've not bothered to look at it. I wouldn't dream of sending a saw out unchecked. I might have a different opinion though after as I used to the one buying

19 minutes ago, gand said:

Was the box sealed? Was there any fuel or oil in it? If not they've not bothered to look at it. I wouldn't dream of sending a saw out unchecked. I might have a different opinion though after as I used to the one buying

All the saws i have had from your shop have been assembled and fuelled and oiled and a test run done, 

Box was open. Chain had been put in main box. No fuel or anything in saw.