Rotatech chipper blades

D Seaman

9 hours ago, GA Groundcare said:

I've just checked Rotatech website, they're £177.60 for a pair of CS100 blades and currently out of stock.

We are a GreenMech dealer and the RRP on CS blades is £90 a blade, we have plenty in stock. For a couple of quid why wouldn't you go genuine? I always think if your chipper (any make / model) does shit itself and you've used genuine blades & hardware you've got half a case straight away of the manufacture listening to your story.  

Youd think. But I replaced all 24 of my eliet super prof blades with genuine ones from a dealer. One shattered and wrote the entire set off. Eliet blamed " pirated" blades, and refused to help. Despite my invoice from the dealer. The dealer went bust so that was the end of it. They will wriggle out of it if they can

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Youd think. But I replaced all 24 of my eliet super prof blades with genuine ones from a dealer. One shattered and wrote the entire set off. Eliet blamed " pirated" blades, and refused to help. Despite my invoice from the dealer. The dealer went bust so that was the end of it. They will wriggle out of it if they can

Sorry to hear that ☹️

Edited by GA Groundcare

Thats a bugger.

On the other hand I had a genuine JoBeau blade which cracked (not catastrophically) and they replaced the pair no question. I have stuck with genuine since.

1 hour ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Ah...just like in France, comforting to know I am not alone...

Stuart

11 hours ago, GA Groundcare said:

I've just checked Rotatech website, they're £177.60 for a pair of CS100 blades and currently out of stock.

We are a GreenMech dealer and the RRP on CS blades is £90 a blade, we have plenty in stock. For a couple of quid why wouldn't you go genuine? I always think if your chipper (any make / model) does shit itself and you've used genuine blades & hardware you've got half a case straight away of the manufacture listening to your story.  

Not having a dig but if you're comparing prices it's £228 delivered vs £177.60 delivered.

£50 difference and to a layman the cheaper option looks the same, feels the same, chips the same, lasts as long (and blunts as easily on dirt!)

On 21/10/2021 at 18:45, dig-dug-dan said:

OK, then I can buy the pirated ones. Anyone know where to find some? Thought I was good on Google but am having problems spotting them. The price for a new set is rediculous. 

They are nothing more than 5mm thick sickle bar mower blades, which are about 1.50 a piece. 

On 20/10/2021 at 12:42, D Seaman said:

Hello. Has anyone got experience of Rotatech blades? I found an old post together with 3 or four replies. Most said they had no problems but one post said that someone he knew had a blade shatter. Obviously there could have been a reason unrelated to the blades being defective and the reply was not from the person directly affected. It would be reassuring to hear from people that actually use them. They are a bit cheaper than the Timberwolf ones (we all like to save a bob or two) but naturally I don’t want to save money at the risk of having one or both shatter and end up causing a lot of damage and expense to my chipper. In case it matters I have a little TW125PH chipper. Any replies from Rotatech users will be much appreciated. 

QRMS Ltd are doing 150 & 190 blades & are very good value (less than half rotatech price) I had a couple of sets through my 150 before I upgraded with no issues, there getting 230’s in soon.