Chipper freedom day announced

Justme

23 hours ago, AHPP said:

You really are wired like a big bully's little bitch. The government does a rare thing and leaves people alone a bit and you're genuinely annoyed that they're no longer granting you your monopoly at the expense of everyone else. Take a bloody hard look at yourself and find some way to lift up your fellow man rather than treading on him to get a little higher.

'kinell Al, you've really got a wasp up your ass on this one 🤣

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AHPP said:

No. The tree industry is generally real and productive. People want to make things out of wood and to look at the sky. Driver training (where the training is de facto necessary for licensing) almost exclusively exists because of constraints placed by earlier governments (that you lobbied for I recall). It's artificial and a harmful drain on other people. Someone has to pay £500 for a trailer course. That's £500 they can't spend on good shoes for their children or on an evening course to better themselves.

That's a more moderate and agreeable line of argument you rowdy bastard

19 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

'kinell Les, is that an incredibly woke use of the possessive pronoun in relation to a gender fluid yoof of today which would conflict with the more robust persona I may have attributed to you?

Or is it just a typo? 😳🤣

You’re quoting a guy that normally signs his name with an X. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

You are well 'ard mate 🤣

It's, 'you is well hard', get down with us kids.

I had to do an in house trailer course before I could pull a LWA trailer, it didn't mater that I'd pulled trailers of one sort or the other all over Europe.

Just now, trigger_andy said:

Out of interest was there a massive decrease in trailer accidents after ‘97? 

Trailer accident stats were not collated for a long time after the 97 change.

Plus its only been over the last 5 ish years that enforcement & education on BE has been promoted. What I can say is that the 2018 trailer safety study showed that driver error & lack of training was the biggest cause of trailer accidents. They were actually looking at starting the MOT for trailers but the stats did not support that change. What it did support was making the tests harder & doing more education & promotion of training & the need for the BE test. DVSA own recommendation was to increase testing & training for BE. The DVSA are refusing to show the H&S justification in their decision that it will have minimal impact on road safety.

It is interesting that when you see a caravan splattered over the road it does tend to be a pre 97 licence holder. Most I see locally that are speeding are again pre 97 licence holders, Same again re being in outside lane on Mway.

Over the years I have trained people that are shit scared of towing to those that have been towing illegally since 01-01-97 & think they know it all. All of them learnt something on the course,. No I dont know it all but I do know how to get the best out of people & get them to be the best that I can. My role was not just driver trainer but also life coach & phycologist. For most people coping with stress situations is a big factor.

A few things you would not believe clients have told me about their driving:-

I have been driving 5 years & have not been further than 10 miles from my house.

I have never been on a dual carriageway.

There are no roundabouts in the area I live so have never been on one before today.

I only drive to & from work (so in 10 years of driving that have 30 mins of actual experience repeated many times).

I cant park my car unaided.

I never reverse, ever.

I dont drive in towns or cities & the opposite I dont drive in the country.

I sometimes honestly dont know how some actually drive themselves to meet me.

Now dont get me wrong most are not that bad. However virtually all have let bad habits form & need a brush up in their general standard of driving. In fact most of the course is getting them to a basic standard of driving that car drivers should already be at all the time.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Justme said:

Trailer accident stats were not collated for a long time after the 97 change.

Plus its only been over the last 5 ish years that enforcement & education on BE has been promoted. What I can say is that the 2018 trailer safety study showed that driver error & lack of training was the biggest cause of trailer accidents. They were actually looking at starting the MOT for trailers but the stats did not support that change. What it did support was making the tests harder & doing more education & promotion of training & the need for the BE test. DVSA own recommendation was to increase testing & training for BE. The DVSA are refusing to show the H&S justification in their decision that it will have minimal impact on road safety.

It is interesting that when you see a caravan splattered over the road it does tend to be a pre 97 licence holder. Most I see locally that are speeding are again pre 97 licence holders, Same again re being in outside lane on Mway.

Over the years I have trained people that are shit scared of towing to those that have been towing illegally since 01-01-97 & think they know it all. All of them learnt something on the course,. No I dont know it all but I do know how to get the best out of people & get them to be the best that I can. My role was not just driver trainer but also life coach & phycologist. For most people coping with stress situations is a big factor.

A few things you would not believe clients have told me about their driving:-

I have been driving 5 years & have not been further than 10 miles from my house.

I have never been on a dual carriageway.

There are no roundabouts in the area I live so have never been on one before today.

I only drive to & from work (so in 10 years of driving that have 30 mins of actual experience repeated many times).

I cant park my car unaided.

I never reverse, ever.

I dont drive in towns or cities & the opposite I dont drive in the country.

I sometimes honestly dont know how some actually drive themselves to meet me.

Now dont get me wrong most are not that bad. However virtually all have let bad habits form & need a brush up in their general standard of driving. In fact most of the course is getting them to a basic standard of driving that car drivers should already be at all the time.

That about sums up ever boby I meet, and they look at you in a narrow road as though you should not be there because they never meet anyone on that bit of road. 

• Like 3