Chipper freedom day announced

Justme

20 minutes ago, Justme said:

Is that exactly what you are doing now?

You glad the gov are not messing with your industry while killing another one?

No. The tree industry is generally real and productive. People want to make things out of wood and to look at the sky. Driver training (where the training is de facto necessary for licensing) almost exclusively exists because of constraints placed by earlier governments (that you lobbied for I recall). It's artificial and a harmful drain on other people. Someone has to pay £500 for a trailer course. That's £500 they can't spend on good shoes for their children or on an evening course to better themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AHPP said:

No. The tree industry is generally real and productive. People want to make things out of wood and to look at the sky. Driver training (where the training is de facto necessary for licensing) almost exclusively exists because of constraints placed by earlier governments (that you lobbied for I recall). It's artificial and a harmful drain on other people. Someone has to pay £500 for a trailer course. That's £500 they can't spend on good shoes for their children or on an evening course to better themselves.

How did I lobby for a change that happened in 97 in an industry I had nothing to do with at that time?

Shall we get rid of all training?

Saws planes trains Dr's ect ect.

Training is much cheaper than dealing with the aftermath.

Would you hire someone with no chainsaw tickets but had been cutting for years?

Companies are obligated to train all staff in the use of all equipment at work.

They can self train if they so wish for lots of things.

PS this thread was just to let you all know when it would be legal for your younger staff to tow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Dry your eyes and do something else.

Already happening thanks.

I was just letting you all know that your younger staff will be able to tow after the 15th nov.

nothing more nothing less.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Justme said:

Already happening thanks.

I was just letting you all know that your younger staff will be able to tow after the 15th nov.

nothing more nothing less.

Of course you where! 🤣🤣🤣

This is at least the third thread you’ve bitched about this. 

Your username is quite apt on this subject. It seems like it really is just you that has an issue here. 

3 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Of course you where! 🤣🤣🤣

This is at least the third thread you’ve bitched about this. 

Your username is quite apt on this subject. It seems like it really is just you that has an issue here. 

Try reading some of the abusive posts from your fellow arb's. Who exactly is doing the bitching?

Just now, Justme said:

Try reading some of the abusive posts from your fellow arb's. Who exactly is doing the bitching?

You, just you. Everyone else seems quite happy with the prospect. I certainly am.

I’ll be a lot safer towing 3.5t after the 15th since I’ll no longer be keeping an eye out for the police. I can fully focus on driving and towing. 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

You, just you. Everyone else seems quite happy with the prospect. I certainly am.

I’ll be a lot safer towing 3.5t after the 15th since I’ll no longer be keeping an eye out for the police. I can fully focus on driving and towing. 😁

You will still run over loaded ;)