National Trust Donation (Tree Planting)

Chipperclown

Hi All,

I wish to donate to the National Trust in order to plant a number of trees in memory of someone. Has anyone done this for any reason? I am asking this question as I would like to know the location of these planted trees for the people concerned so they can visit this location if they feel they wish to at whatever point in the future for obvious reasons. Currently the NT via email can not tell me the planned location which is slightly frustrating.

also not caring out the wishes of the people that gave them the land in the first place  and paying themselves a 6 figure wage 

also there is a vote going on at the moment supposedly for members but anyone can vote by putting a name and a 8 digit number the mind boggles as to what they are playing at  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Chipperclown said:

Hi All,

I wish to donate to the National Trust in order to plant a number of trees in memory of someone. Has anyone done this for any reason? I am asking this question as I would like to know the location of these planted trees for the people concerned so they can visit this location if they feel they wish to at whatever point in the future for obvious reasons. Currently the NT via email can not tell me the planned location which is slightly frustrating.

It's a lovely sentiment, but you deserve much better than either the NT or Woodland Trust will give you in return, they just want your money and will come up with any heart string tugging but ultimately vacuous spiel to get it.

As someone has said, see if you can arrange to plant something yourself somewhere. Post in the woodland management section on here where there's several guys with areas of woodland, or post on some of the woodland ownership forums, where there'll probably be someone only too happy to allow you to plant something, or do it for you, and you'll know exactly what it is, and where it is.

Good luck. 

Edited by coppice cutter
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, Chipperclown said:

Hi All,

Contact a nearby NT property rather than head office. The Trust do plant up woodland areas, clumps of trees as well as individual trees, properties used to keep a record of memorial tree plantings but not erect notices on site generally, any planting would have to fit in with their management plans. You don't want to part with money just for 'tree planting' particularly individual trees in a woodland setting as they may not survive, be able to be found in future or may be removed during a thinning operation however a donation for individual tree/s planted in parkland or in particular a garden setting should survive and be easily identifiable as would a clump to trees or new area of tree planting. Don't part with your money unless you have a firm proposal/commitment in writing, you may also want to see if it would be possible to be involve in some way with the planting if you or a family member wanted to.

• Like 1