Norwood LM30

josharb87

With the price of timber at a ridiculous price I brought myself a mill. 

taken a few hours to put together this giant mecanno set, but today I cut my first log. 

First project will be to create a simple 9mx9m pole barn type structure to house the logbullet and trailers (and short term the mill until I build another shed and proper base specifically for the mill)  

DC347C46-AD1F-458F-A431-3BA93E2FA204.thumb.jpeg.1eec39ce706291a9d7d112d06127dab7.jpeg

• Like 14

I have the Woodland Mills HM130 Max and its ace but the Norwood you can add Hydrolics and a log moulder so you could mill your lumber change the mill head for moulder and crack on and build a log cabin,garage etc I asked Woodland if they would concider doing similar but as yet no go thats the only advantage I can see 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gobbypunk said:

but the Norwood you can add Hydrolics and a log moulder so you could mill your lumber change the mill head for moulder and crack on and build a log cabin,garage etc

Logosol makes one and its designed to fit on many Bandsaw Mill Rails. They have the standard and the max for bigger Mills like the B1001 and the HM130 MAX. 

12 hours ago, Will C said:

What made you go for the Norwood over logsol, trekmet or woodland mills?

By the time I added on the extras needed on say the Woodland mills, to bring it up to the same specification as the standard LM30, plus the extras I wanted, it worked out the cheapest of the lot (WM, logosol, frontier)

trakmet has a very poor offering here (Sweden) so wasn’t in the running 

Norwood also seems to have the widest range of accessories and future upgrade ability.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 17/10/2021 at 17:28, josharb87 said:

With the price of timber at a ridiculous price I brought myself a mill. 

taken a few hours to put together this giant mecanno set, but today I cut my first log. 

First project will be to create a simple 9mx9m pole barn type structure to house the logbullet and trailers (and short term the mill until I build another shed and proper base specifically for the mill)  

DC347C46-AD1F-458F-A431-3BA93E2FA204.thumb.jpeg.1eec39ce706291a9d7d112d06127dab7.jpeg

Looks good josh. I bought a used woodland mills a couple of years ago for the same reason. Mines been mounted on a 6m long RSJ frame so that all the sections that bolt together to form the track cannot move. mine now sits on some railway sleepers in a open fronted building

• Like 1