Getting fit to going for hiking and climbing a Tree

gromitbarley

Me too. Gave up running as my joints don't like it much. Substituted it for fast hiking. The addition of a 20kg weighted pack gets the heart pumping too.

I’ve never understood taking dead weight when you could take something useful. A massive picnic would be my first choice.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

To get ready for a Monday morning earlier in my career I would start drinking Sunday lunchtime, continue till 9pm, interspersed with joints to keep things on an even keel.
Then the stagger home of about two miles would test all my muscles, strengthen my core and balance as I made it from lamppost to tree to lamppost, occasionally testing my ident skills by falling in and out of various hedges.
Monday arrives and I bound out of bed ready for my breakfast of Anadin Extra and tea.
Load the van and off to work, but the preparation wasn’t complete as the stomach cramps hit me halfway there and a quick sprint into the woods to further test my gluteus maximus by lengthy squatting followed by more balance work involving the removal of yet another sock to do the business.

Back in the van and physically and mentally in the zone!

Brilliant ! You should be writing for the Arb magazines mick.

My technique although opposite to Mick's reliance on fermented suppliments in his training regime was largely chemically based.

I would attend group training sessions at nightclubs in the greater London area, involve myself in  cariovascular events dancing to music with repeditive beats as I made sure I was well hydrated and nurished by  water and chuppa chups as I threw shapes and danced to music I thought I could actually see.

On occasion I would meet a girl who would join me in chemically fueled copulation sessions after which we would burn some herbs after a veritable horizontal jogging marathon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1