New sprocket for Peterson chainsaw mill needed.

Squaredy

I need to replace the chain drive sprocket on my Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber.  This is what it looks like.

Peterson in NZ have offered me one at a cost of £220 or so, and three weeks wait.  I have also tried the agent in the UK (Riko - they suggested I try Peterson direct); and I have tried Rob at Chainsawbars who could not help.

Any more suggestions?  The number stamped on it is F046098, which I have tried to track down as well but no luck.

If I have to pay the £220 and wait three weeks I will, but what is the betting there is someone in Europe who stocks this part for another use if only I can find them?!

IMG_5666.JPG

IMG_5667.JPG

IMG_5668.JPG

I would be surprised if there isn’t a small engineering workshop not a million miles away from you that could make you a replacement?

Also with these things, for them to make a second only adds a small amount extra to the total so might as well get a spare while your at it.

Good luck!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AndyO said:

I would be surprised if there isn’t a small engineering workshop not a million miles away from you that could make you a replacement?

Also with these things, for them to make a second only adds a small amount extra to the total so might as well get a spare while your at it.

Good luck!

Thank you for the suggestion.  My concern about that is I cannot show them exactly what it is meant to look like as my only one has wear.  And how much time might it take to try and spec it out, with no guarantee of success?

7 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

I used to get  custom made offset sprockets for a crf 250 engined quad that KIK Honda at clithero built I’m pretty sure it was Talon engineering that supplied them. 

Thank you but I really want an off-the shelf solution.

Thank you for the suggestion.  My concern about that is I cannot show them exactly what it is meant to look like as my only one has wear.  And how much time might it take to try and spec it out, with no guarantee of success?

No worries.
You will be surprised how good a proper engineering place will be.
Also you could maybe get some dimensions off of a new sprocket from someone on the mill owners Facebook page to help account for wear?

1 minute ago, AndyO said:

No worries.
You will be surprised how good a proper engineering place will be.
Also you could maybe get some dimensions off of a new sprocket from someone on the mill owners Facebook page to help account for wear?

Yes I am sure there are some great engineering workshops around.  I am currently waiting for one to make a new mounting plate for a new motor for another machine.  Sadly my experience with another local engineering firm was awful.  Took lots of money and bodged the rebuild of the motor.

Yes I am sure there are some great engineering workshops around.  I am currently waiting for one to make a new mounting plate for a new motor for another machine.  Sadly my experience with another local engineering firm was awful.  Took lots of money and bodged the rebuild of the motor.

Kik are two miles away from me, (johnsonds shout) very reputable, bit dear for certain stuff but seem to always deliver
  • Like 1