Boxing Fury vs Wilder 3

topchippyles

well just watched the full fight, Wilder had burnt him self out by end of round 6, looking for that big punch but not connecting, fury was out of it in the first 2 rounds then started to come back, wilder down then fury down twice, fury made headway from round 7 and dominated from there, he wore wilder down and then put him down, blood coming out of wilder,s left ear again and bleeding heavy from his mouth, 

Wilder will have to go back to fighting no bodies or better still just retire as he aint lived up to all the hype !! Fury well who is going to stop him ? it wont be AJ or David Haye may be Usky ? but i dont think so,,, 

• Like 2

On 10/10/2021 at 07:51, Big J said:

Heavyweight boxing seems to be mostly about two big, sweaty and slightly dazed men having a cuddle. 

I just cannot see why it's so popular. I've tried watching the fights, I really have. It's just not elegant or entertaining. 

Unless I'm missing something....

You seem to be on your own here but I will offer some support.  Really boxing appeals to one of our most primitive forms of entertainment, much like the gladiators of old, the baying crowds desperate to see bloodshed.  Hopefully we were meant to have advanced in the same way that we stopped having baying crowds at public hangings and feel that putting people in prison with colour TV for life is a better way.  Sport should have advanced to having far less physical contact ,

The web gives these examples

Examples of non-contact sports include cricket, tennis, table tennis, badminton, golf, bowling, bowls, croquet, pool, snooker, bossaball, darts, curling, tug of war, bodybuilding, swimming, diving, gymnastics, sprinting, running, track and field, bicycle race, rowing, freestyle football, footgolf, fistball, tchoukball ...

Of course there is always tree climbing, chainsawing, axe swinging/throwing competitions to keep arbtalkers satisfied!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Billhook said:

You seem to be on your own here but I will offer some support.  Really boxing appeals to one of our most primitive forms of entertainment, much like the gladiators of old, the baying crowds desperate to see bloodshed.  Hopefully we were meant to have advanced in the same way that we stopped having baying crowds at public hangings and feel that putting people in prison with colour TV for life is a better way.  Sport should have advanced to having far less physical contact ,

The web gives these examples

Examples of non-contact sports include cricket, tennis, table tennis, badminton, golf, bowling, bowls, croquet, pool, snooker, bossaball, darts, curling, tug of war, bodybuilding, swimming, diving, gymnastics, sprinting, running, track and field, bicycle race, rowing, freestyle football, footgolf, fistball, tchoukball ...

Of course there is always tree climbing, chainsawing, axe swinging/throwing competitions to keep arbtalkers satisfied!

I agree.

The notion of two people trying to physically injure each other as a form of entertainment doesn't hold much appeal. 

I sparred in semi contact taekwondo and part of its appeal was the restraint. The fact that you could spar against people of lower and higher ability, male or female and come away from it unscathed. 

I enjoy watching some sport, and having completed a bit in various sports, have enormous respect for the discipline and achievements. 

Boxing is anachronistic though. As you say, it harks back to a more primitive time, and the entire sport is entwined with ego and obscene amounts of money, which for my part reduces it's appeal still further.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Big J said:

I agree.

The notion of two people trying to physically injure each other as a form of entertainment doesn't hold much appeal. 

I sparred in semi contact taekwondo and part of its appeal was the restraint. The fact that you could spar against people of lower and higher ability, male or female and come away from it unscathed. 

I enjoy watching some sport, and having completed a bit in various sports, have enormous respect for the discipline and achievements. 

Boxing is anachronistic though. As you say, it harks back to a more primitive time, and the entire sport is entwined with ego and obscene amounts of money, which for my part reduces it's appeal still further.

You liked being able to fight women without the fear of being hurt you say? 😂

• Haha 5

You seem to be on your own here but I will offer some support.  Really boxing appeals to one of our most primitive forms of entertainment, much like the gladiators of old, the baying crowds desperate to see bloodshed.  Hopefully we were meant to have advanced in the same way that we stopped having baying crowds at public hangings and feel that putting people in prison with colour TV for life is a better way.  Sport should have advanced to having far less physical contact , The web gives these examples

[/url]  

That was interesting to watch although I'm not really sure what the point was.

1 hour ago, muttley9050 said:
12 hours ago, Billhook said:
You seem to be on your own here but I will offer some support.  Really boxing appeals to one of our most primitive forms of entertainment, much like the gladiators of old, the baying crowds desperate to see bloodshed.  Hopefully we were meant to have advanced in the same way that we stopped having baying crowds at public hangings and feel that putting people in prison with colour TV for life is a better way.  Sport should have advanced to having far less physical contact , The web gives these examples

[/url]  

That was interesting to watch although I'm not really sure what the point was.

The point for me and possibly BigJ was that it was quite exciting to watch and dangerous but the point of the exercise was not to try and injure an opponent, just to be stronger faster and more skilled.  Any injury was incidental and not the purpose of the competition.

We have come a long way through the years from gladiators to bear baiting to cockfighting to badger baiting to dog fighting to otter hunting, bare knuckle fighting all of which have been outlawed.  Fox hunting is nearly gone.

Boxers suffer  brain damage, look at poor old Ali, and now it seems that heading in football is to be reviewed

The point is that you can have good sport without the need for anyone or thing to be injured.

• Like 3

The point for me and possibly BigJ was that it was quite exciting to watch and dangerous but the point of the exercise was not to try and injure an opponent, just to be stronger faster and more skilled.  Any injury was incidental and not the purpose of the competition.
We have come a long way through the years from gladiators to bear baiting to cockfighting to badger baiting to dog fighting to otter hunting, bare knuckle fighting all of which have been outlawed.  Fox hunting is nearly gone.
Boxers suffer  brain damage, look at poor old Ali, and now it seems that heading in football is to be reviewed
The point is that you can have good sport without the need for anyone or thing to be injured.
Yeah I enjoyed it but I meant more like. The point of the sport.? All that work to cut a ft off the top.