Boxing Fury vs Wilder 3

topchippyles

7 hours ago, Conor Wright said:

Try cuddling one! let us know how it works out for ya, after the swelling goes down of course! 

But yeah, I kinda see your point, compared to mma it looks slower and less engaging somehow.

Not that I know anything about either.

Last fight I saw was two knackers in a lidl carpark. The fighting was poor but the commentary (amongst ourselves in the jeep) was priceless. 

5 hours ago, topchippyles said:

Superb fight and if you think boxing is 2 men having a cuddle watch last nights fight. You have a strange outlook on certain things jonathan 🤭

4 hours ago, Rich Rule said:

Everyone is entitled an opinion.   

BUT that right there, is proof that you know zero about boxing.  

Yes, you are missing a lot.  😁

3 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

Get in training J and have go you will make millions ?, 

I can watch boxing all night and some of the best fights i have seen are from the middle weight, super middle weight, welter weight divisions, the 80s and 90s where the best by far in these divisions, Haggler, Hearns, Lenoard, Duran, Jones, then in to the 90s we had Benn, Eubank, Watson and Mcclelan, very explosive fights, 

I cant see what people see i Football and what they get paid is outrageous, and when they cant hit something thats 24ft wide and 8ft high from 6yds is beyond me ?? God help us if we have a third world war as it wont be footballers that win it for us, they will be supposed to be bombing Berlin and hit London instead and score a home goal,,,

I don't claim to know much about boxing. I have followed Thor's transition to boxing (a bit) in order to fight Eddie Hall. I respect the training and the athleticism, but as a sport it's very dull.

I competed at a high level in taekwondo as a teenager, winning a couple of national sparring competitions at green belt. Being very light with an extremely long reach was very beneficial.

My point is that I feel that the eastern martial arts are much more elegant and require a more rounded fitness, strength, flexibility and skill base. Boxing is very one dimensional.

• Like 1

Depends how you definite the martial arts I guess:  Taekwondo has some great kicking moves but as a fighting art it pales in comparison to others.  Taekwondo is a sports.  No punches to the head and mostly scored with kicks.

Boxing is one of the oldest forms of pugilism.  It definetly works as a form of self defence.  As does Taekwondo, if the person is very good.

Yes, it is more of a spectacle than boxing but I would argue far less effective.  Plus it is stop start, stop start, stop start.  Whereas, other forms of Martial Arts including boxing don’t stop as soon as contact is made.  Neither does a street fight.

The same comparison can be made from Judo and BJJ/JJ.  Judo is a sport JJ is a fighting art.

There are other forms of Martial Arts that were developed as a fighting warriors art that are also sports.  Examples of this would be Muay Thai and Lethwei.  The sports version hasn’t differed that much from the Art.  Boxing gloves were introduced in stead of hemp rope in Muay Thai but Lethwei only has the introduction of the ring.  They still fight bare knuckle and with head butts.

Boxing is known as the sweet science.  The art of hitting and not getting hit.  Tyson fury is a master of that.

Others may look more athletic but Tyson Fury is 6’9”, 277lb and just fought 11 rounds against one of the most dangerous punchers in recent times.  He got out down twice, dropped his opponent 3 times and retained the HW belts.  Then he busted out a Song whilst in the ring and serenaded the Vegas crowd.

Far from one dimensional IMO.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Big J said:

I

My point is that I feel that the eastern martial arts are much more elegant and require a more rounded fitness, strength, flexibility and skill base. Boxing is very one dimensional.

I would say Oleksandr Usyk is anything but one dimensional !

• Like 1