Stenner 48 resurrection

Dougie Brown

Morning all! I have fallen in with a Stenner 48 mill that has not been running for a few years (4) but looking to return it to its former glory and get it operational again! It is static one that has been under cover during this time so hopes are high! Can anyone share the operating manual for the mill or any hints in getting her going again? Do not want to create catastrophic damage before we get going!! Many thanks  DRB

1 hour ago, Paper Rustler said:

Just for your information please dont contact stenner for advise or spares. They will not offer any support for old machines like yours, due to the Health and safety implications involved.

In my experience there's not much point in contacting stenner full stop as you can have the parts made before they come back to you!

Any pictures of the old girl

Just for your information please dont contact stenner for advise or spares. They will not offer any support for old machines like yours, due to the Health and safety implications involved.

If they helped everyone who contacted them about 50 year old machines they’d never sell a new one. No to mention having to hire a team just to deal with all the enquiries. Nothing in it for them. The curse of over engendering. [emoji16]
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

Good luck with it ,what part of the country are you in as there is a sawmill near me they have been there for ever and they have 3 Stenners so should be worth talking to them ,they are called Ridleys and they are in Ansty Dorset. 

Most old sawmills have stenners lol they where the best of the best till they sat back and let everyone overtake them

On 08/10/2021 at 23:05, gobbypunk said:

Good luck with it ,what part of the country are you in as there is a sawmill near me they have been there for ever and they have 3 Stenners so should be worth talking to them ,they are called Ridleys and they are in Ansty Dorset. 

Hi, I am in central Scotland so Dorset is probably a bit to far for going to look at! Do you have a contact number?  Thanks

On 09/10/2021 at 01:45, Graham w said:

Stenner had parts on the shelf for our 48 and were helpful. We need to make a thread on wideband mills, how to install and safely operate. I don't have time to do this right now but if you have any questions just ask!

Hey Graham, That is great to know and I am sure that I am going to have a few questions going forward and noted. Hopefully this week we are going to get power to it and then the questions will start! Cheers!