A cunning plan scuppered

eggsarascal

Or is it? I'm a member on a Motorhome forum with loads of active/paying members, I've also got access to all sorts of batteries from a reputable dealer. Motorhomes can 'eat' batteries if not looked after properly, there is a sideline here if I can find a courier to move them about. I've read that most couriers will carry lithium batteries only. Does anyone know a courier that can (legally) carry flooded, AGM etc?

54 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Or is it? I'm a member on a Motorhome forum with loads of active/paying members, I've also got access to all sorts of batteries from a reputable dealer. Motorhomes can 'eat' batteries if not looked after properly, there is a sideline here if I can find a courier to move them about. I've read that most couriers will carry lithium batteries only. Does anyone know a courier that can (legally) carry flooded, AGM etc?

Yodel delivered a battery to me a 055 from numberone batteries, filled, but it did have transit plugs in.

I wonder who does the delivery for your potential supplier ? . I am constantly amazed by how much information can be scavenged from the packaging 😉

The old safe system of supplying flooded cell batteries dry got properly scuppered by the precursor regulations unfortunately 😑

I bought a car battery off eBay. It came delivered by Hermes. It was the wrong size. I tried sending it back with Hermes.  They said they don't carry batteries 😂. Found another courier, they took it. About 3 weeks later, it landed on my doorstep, with a note, 'cannot deliver'. Not much help to you, only that it could be a headache. 

You will struggle, have looked into this in depth before havnt found a courier that will take them.  Most successful battery dealers have a network of depots and deliver on their own vans, and push them out at ridiculous low prices to anyone using a fair few.  Also a pain if you stock them yourself as they can lose charge on your shelf.  Also many batteries have a 1 year warrenty, so you'll need a courier who can collect any duffs.  All in, a pita - but a quick google search shows many online battery wholesalers so maybe they've found a courier that will 🤷‍♂️?

10 hours ago, NJA said:

You will struggle, have looked into this in depth before havnt found a courier that will take them.  Most successful battery dealers have a network of depots and deliver on their own vans, and push them out at ridiculous low prices to anyone using a fair few.  Also a pain if you stock them yourself as they can lose charge on your shelf.  Also many batteries have a 1 year warrenty, so you'll need a courier who can collect any duffs.  All in, a pita - but a quick google search shows many online battery wholesalers so maybe they've found a courier that will 🤷‍♂️?

Tayna batteries were apparently the first in the world, and have been selling batteries online since 2003.

Looking back through old emails, the last time I bought from them a few years ago, they were using yodel.