Sachs dolmar 123 equivalent

edd01

On 07/10/2021 at 02:27, edd01 said:

Hi, 

I was given a 1982 sachs dolmar 123 about 8 years ago and it is by far the best chainsaw i have ever used. I've tended to use smaller stihls 171, 260, 280s or husqvarna 440s. All the others have died but the dolmar kept going up until about three weeks ago, somehow i got the mix wrong and sealed the piston to the block. I am kicking myself to be honest, then i killed the husqvarna 20 minutes later not realising what i had done.

i've looked on ebay for another piston etc but they are up to £200 and the picture doesn't quite match the inside design of the chainsaw, I can buy other chainsaws but i cant guarantee the condition on such an old saw.

Is there a modern day equivalent of  a sachs dolmar type? Where  i live there is no gas or oil, but i can get free mostly knotty wood and it does require some serious grunt to get through sometimes. I have to chop up 8 tons of wood a year to keep warm etc etc. So powerful 70cc upwards is what im used to.

Thanks!

8F16B742-5E67-4D9D-BDA3-C84FDD5DF7B7.thumb.jpeg.f501511939fa361b5031724ea5712578.jpegTreat yourself to one of these.You won’t be disappointed 👍

Hi Simon, 

sorry ive been slammed with work, i thought i replied to you. I managed to get a broken down 123 from ebay by sheer chance. how much would you want for the 122 parts? i'll do some research and see if it fits. any model numbers on the parts would be handy  :)

Regards

Edward

In case you are in a rush to know I jumped in before Gary had chance to reply! That saw will be a 6100 Dolmar, great saw and a good price, Makita EA6100 is the equivalent. I've had one since 2014, done quite a lot of work, no problems, cuts really well and well balanced.  Try @shavey on here AJS axes and saws, he will get you a good deal and a great guy to deal with as well!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fatboy2017 said:

In case you are in a rush to know I jumped in before Gary had chance to reply! That saw will be a 6100 Dolmar, great saw and a good price, Makita EA6100 is the equivalent. I've had one since 2014, done quite a lot of work, no problems, cuts really well and well balanced.  Try @shavey on here AJS axes and saws, he will get you a good deal and a great guy to deal with as well!!

I have a 6100 from Shavey. About what 5 years old now. Awesome saw. Never misses a beat and people keep asking what cc it is as it keeps up with some bigger saws. Always been run on Aspen and runs brilliantly. Love it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Puffingbilly413 said:

I have a 6100 from Shavey. About what 5 years old now. Awesome saw. Never misses a beat and people keep asking what cc it is as it keeps up with some bigger saws. Always been run on Aspen and runs brilliantly. Love it.

Same here packs a fair punch for a 60cc saw

• Like 1

On 18/10/2021 at 18:15, Fatboy2017 said:

Just thinking back to when I bought my 6100 from him, it was delayed getting over from Germany and I needed it on a job so he couriered me out one of his own saws FOC on loan to get the job done.  Now that's service for you.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...