Sachs dolmar 123 equivalent

edd01

I will have a look through the pile at the weekend.

If it is properly seized put some penetrating oil down the plug hole and let it sit for a day or two.  Should help things come apart. Then rock the crank back and forth gently with a spanner on the flywheel nut.

• Like 1

Looks right, annoyingly isn't right. 

The spark plug angle is upwards on the tecomec. 

The pic I've attached shows a flat 90 degree angle which stops it fitting inside the cover once it's on 😕

Unless someone here had actually managed it, my repair guy is warning that the inlet is wrong also.

Screenshot_2021-10-08-09-20-35-975_com.whatsapp.jpg

I dragged the saws out of the pile as promised.  Couldn't reach the complete 123.  It's under too much crap.  The picture shows the other chainsaw and the two chop saws.  These were proper barn finds.  Still have chicken/pigeon poo on them.

The chop saws are frozen solid.  Not sure if they are seized or corroded.  So I put a good squirt of PlusGas down both spark plug holes ready for future work.  The cylinders on these look bigger and sturdier than a 123, so I don't think they will help you.  Wonder if they will fit a 143 or something bigger?

The chainsaw looks to be a 122 Super, I think.  I took The top end off it.  The part number on the casting is 122.131.100.  It looks to be 47mm bore.  Need expert opinion about whether a 122 Super cylinder will fit a 123.  The spark plug hole is at 90 degrees to the bore, not angled.

The bore is slightly marked but usable, I think.  The piston is rough, but it may be in better condition than your seized one.  It may be too far gone to re-use?  The rings are missing.

Sorry about the thick layer of dirt.  This is after a blast from the compressor.

PXL_20211009_143953610.jpg

PXL_20211009_183417936.jpg

PXL_20211009_183337829.jpg

PXL_20211009_183315955.jpg

PXL_20211009_183218982.jpg

PXL_20211009_183206914.jpg

PXL_20211009_200759469.jpg

• Like 2