Kioti Tractors

AK Contracting

Me,

I bought a 50HP (an EX50) 2nd hand a few year ago.

With a  Kioti loader.

And Wee hard badtard industrial tyres.

Only a single speed 540.

Mechanical forward reverse shuttle.

Not nice to listen to, even at tickover revs.

I find myself having to use the range change to get a useful speed increase. Because I use it almost exclusively for loader work.

I.e I need slow to position the forks, but faster for useful travel speed.

Much rather hadda Kubota or JD but money talks!

Very powerful loader it must be said.

But a 750rpm PTO would be really nice.

And bits available from Squirrell Johnstone up at Carryduff.

Ya pays yet money and ye tak yer chances is about the height of it.

P.S.

Ah proper had the hots for a baby Hurliman.

Just remembered, tiny tiny fuel tank, and perhaps not the most economical to run?

But no turbo to worry about, which perhaps contributes to the possibly poorer fuel economy.

Edited by difflock
  • Like 1

Looked at them about 8 years ago and yes they where nice and shiney for not a lot of money,, found one or 2 issues with then for our job of extracting timber that would of needed altering, All so looked at Shriomer but a lot put me off them, in the end i went for a Kubota L3250 40hp, OK its older but at least it was proven to be reliable, its been laid out in all weathers on jobs round the north of England and its never mist starting yet even when covered in 6" snow, We had a Kioti Gattor thing on our shoot, bought brand new but never out of the dealers with issues, 3 of us in it one day and front hub sheared off , drive went on it another time, electrics all gave up one day, i dont know what happened to it as we only had it for a season i have the feeling it went back to the dealers as over the time the shoot had owned it it had spent most of its time being repaired, for me i would be looking John deere, Kubota, Iseki but at the end of the day you get what you pay for in this life,,

IMG_0225.JPG

Edited by spuddog0507
spelling
  • Like 3

I bought a branson 3510 a good few years ago and it had to go back to the dealer after yours truly neglected to adjust a slip clutch and stripped a cog on the pto drive train. They very kindly (and bravely!) offered a 35 hp kioti while they were fixing mine. 

It was OK. Turning circle was very poor, as difflock says they're loud. Mine was hydrostatic so no gearbox range issues but it was clunky. 

Build quality seemed good and the hydraulics were good, as was driver comfort. 

I would consider one for occasional use but not for a daily workhorse. Same with my branson. Its good, but not great.

P.s front axle articulation was poor, I recall cocking a wheel coming down off a high kerb.

Edited by Conor Wright
Adding information
  • Like 2

Run the kioti buggies at work as run arounds for fetch me carry me items, tools etc, as spuddog says, shite!!! Constant gearbox/drive issues, drive shaft/hub issues, engines sound awful and have hissy fits such as missing and bogging down under load, electrics are terrible, poor chassis/subframes, full of rot after three years or so. Woeful things!!! 🥴

• Like 1