Chinese Processor £1500??

Billhook

4 hours ago, Billhook said:

Yes, but it is not beyond the capability of Arbtalk members to make some modifications to handles and perhaps ask a local fabricator to weld up a different knife

Yes I bet the small print with extras and delivery and tax may tell a different story and give me my tungsten tipped circular saw blade on the Palax any day but for someone starting out with just an axe it could make a big change for standard splitter money 

Enjoy range-topping power, productivity and capacity with this 200cc 10-ton petrol log-splitter...

Yes better than saw and axe.

I can just see the chiropractor

rubbing his hands watching someone use that machine.

7 hours ago, muttley9050 said:
9 hours ago, Justme said:
Yes better than saw and axe.
I can just see the chiropractor
 rubbing his hands watching someone use that machine.

Doesn't look that bad to me. I like the simplicity.

From memory.

Right hand clamp log. Left hand up to cut so high he can only just reach to so low he has to twist. Then move left hand down left to split followed by move right hand to right needing a move right to bring log in. Plus last two or three cuts you have to manually move log. Trust me after 15 tonnes in a day you will be stuffed.

As I said better than a saw and axe / splitter but for a processor its a weak design.

However its cheap as chips and thats all that seems to matter these days.

Edited by Justme
  • Like 1

From memory.
Right hand clamp log. Left hand up to cut so high he can only just reach to so low he has to twist. Then move left hand down left to split followed by move right hand to right needing a move right to bring log in. Plus last two or three cuts you have to manually move log. Trust me after 15 tonnes in a day you will be stuffed.
As I said better than a saw and axe / splitter but for a processor its a weak design.
However its cheap as chips and thats all that seems to matter these days.
Youth can't compare that to a 15k processor. Handles would be easy to mod.
Is cheaper than a decent chainsaw and a shit splitter. I think I could run it all day easier and quicker than I could crosscut and split all day manually
  • Like 1

I've actually been running one of these for a couple of years.  We have a very small firewood operation, only about 4-8 cube per week on average.  I much prefer it to crosscutting and splitting with a normal splitter which I still do with large stuff.

I have both 4 and 6 way knives and it's great for 5-12 inch stuff.  Whilst it's not ergonomically perfect, it's less physically demanding than swinging a saw about all day, uses less fuel and saves on wear and tear to saws too.

Yes it's a bit of a faff to use, and it's not the fastest, but the reason I went for it is:

1.  It's small so doesn't need much storage space and I can move it around the yard on my own

2.  It's self powered - I have no tractor to run a pto

3.  It's really simple basic engineering.  Bars/Chains/Sprockets are dead cheap.  Both RSL Engineering and Rock machinery can supply parts if needed.

It works for me, I can see us upgrading in future, but for now it does the job!

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, hawthornheavyhorses said:

I've actually been running one of these for a couple of years.  We have a very small firewood operation, only about 4-8 cube per week on average.  I much prefer it to crosscutting and splitting with a normal splitter which I still do with large stuff.

I have both 4 and 6 way knives and it's great for 5-12 inch stuff.  Whilst it's not ergonomically perfect, it's less physically demanding than swinging a saw about all day, uses less fuel and saves on wear and tear to saws too.

Yes it's a bit of a faff to use, and it's not the fastest, but the reason I went for it is:

1.  It's small so doesn't need much storage space and I can move it around the yard on my own

2.  It's self powered - I have no tractor to run a pto

3.  It's really simple basic engineering.  Bars/Chains/Sprockets are dead cheap.  Both RSL Engineering and Rock machinery can supply parts if needed.

It works for me, I can see us upgrading in future, but for now it does the job!

Fair play .

• Like 1