£15/hour

eggsarascal

7 minutes ago, muttley9050 said:

Out of interest what is your usual schedule.
30 days on 40 off for example?

I work a 4 week available/4 week unavailable rotation. In my 4 week available period I wait at home till I’m booked out on a job. If it’s on a floater the work is very weather dependant. A week or more waiting on weather is usual this time of year. So it could be 2-3 weeks into my available working period before I travel to Norway. Any further delays and they’ll get someone else as I’m to close to my 4 weeks off period. If this happens then I’ll be home for 3 months. Off-period/work period/off-period again. You’re only allowed to work 3 weeks anyway, so the best thing for me is 4 weeks off, work 3 weeks, which included 1weeks over time, last week in my work period “rest period” then my 4 weeks off. 

I can volunteer to work my off-period, or a portion of it. They are always happy for this and the money for this over time is unreal. 

Covid has meant I’ve done a lot of quarantine so it’s really messed with my work pattern. But so far this year I’ve done 60 days actual work, 21 of these days in over time. I’m on sick leave just now though as I’ve just had neck surgery. Full pay and they even give me 10 days off-shore bonus a month till I’m work fit again. 

I work a 4 week available/4 week unavailable rotation. In my 4 week available period I wait at home till I’m booked out on a job. If it’s on a floater the work is very weather dependant. A week or more waiting on weather is usual this time of year. So it could be 2-3 weeks into my available working period before I travel to Norway. Any further delays and they’ll get someone else as I’m to close to my 4 weeks off period. If this happens then I’ll be home for 3 months. Off-period/work period/off-period again. You’re only allowed to work 3 weeks anyway, so the best thing for me is 4 weeks off, work 3 weeks, which included 1weeks over time, last week in my work period “rest period” then my 4 weeks off. 

I can volunteer to work my off-period, or a portion of it. They are always happy for this and the money for this over time is unreal. 

Covid has meant I’ve done a lot of quarantine so it’s really messed with my work pattern. But so far this year I’ve done 60 days actual work, 21 of these days in over time. I’m on sick leave just now though as I’ve just had neck surgery. Full pay and they even give me 10 days off-shore bonus a month till I’m work fit again. 
Interesting and also confusing. What's your job title and what qualifies you to do it?

12 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

That’s some screw in reality Andy 🤢

21 minutes ago, muttley9050 said:
22 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:
Where I live and where I go to work has nothing to do with sustainability. It’s obviously sustainable as I’ll most likely do this til my working days are over. 

Might be sustainable for you. Not so much for the planet.

Hopping over to Norway a few times a year is hardly a mass polluter. I’d have to run the figures but since I don’t commute to work each day I do wonder how my carbon footprint would compare to someone who drive 30-40 miles a day each way? 

I don’t imagine living in a van and driving that around all the time is very green either 

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

Hopping over to Norway a few times a year is hardly a mass polluter. I’d have to run the figures but since I don’t commute to work each day I do wonder how my carbon footprint would compare to someone who drive 30-40 miles a day each way? 

I don’t imagine living in a van and driving that around all the time is very green either 

Living in a truck and driving a Transit for work on the other hand...

Covid has meant I’ve done a lot of quarantine so it’s really messed with my work pattern. But so far this year I’ve done 60 days actual work, 21 of these days in over time. I’m on sick leave just now though as I’ve just had neck surgery. Full pay and they even give me 10 days off-shore bonus a month till I’m work fit again.  Read more  

Interesting and also confusing. What's your job title and what qualifies you to do it?

I’m a Service Leader in Intelligent Completions. It’s still quite a niche market but massively expanding now. Halliburton (the company I work for) is the biggest provider of Intelligent Completion Products in Norway by a massive margins and there is only 8 of us fully qualified to install them.

Im the only certified instructor and was initially the only rater of competencies in Norway.   

I’ve been with the company since I was 20 (42 now) and started my second apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering. Worked my way up from there.  

IMG_3961.jpg

Guess which one is me. 🤣

• Like 1

Interesting thought.

Fag paper calculation. Glasgow to oslo. Economy return.. 0.4 tonnes co2

Equivalent to about 1000 miles in a medium to large petrol car.

So one trip equivalent to about 6 weeks 30 mile commute.

My average commute is probably 4 or 5 miles a day.

Just had to do 25 miles to find some diesel for the next 2 weeks though. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Would depend on how you think about living in a van. Drive somewhere. Park up next to your work for the next few weeks. No commute.

Move on somewhere down the road and do the same.

• Like 1