concerned for tree in garden

David Golding

Hello, this is my first post and I'm hopefully in the right forum. we went away for a long weekend a couple of months ago and we got back to find our neighbour had reached over and cut down most of one of our trees (not sure what type it is) said tree then sent out a huge number of shoots which died off after a couple of weeks. the tree is now looking very sorry for itself, the shoots have dried up and gone black, even some of the smaller branches are looking unhealthy and have turned a dark colour. this is in New Zealand so coming into spring and the rest of the garden is looking like spring has sprung with shoots and new growth everywhere else. not concerned about any legal matters with neigbour, way more concerned with the tree! do we just wait or look at replacing? any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks very much 

DG

20210925_093534.jpg

20210925_093544.jpg

20210925_093557.jpg

20210925_093625.jpg

Edited by David Golding
Forgot to add photos first time

I never understand how neighbours think they have a right to trespass and cut back trees or shrubs without the owners permission. Trespass, criminal damage and replant is the legal process.

If you don't go through the legals, I would at least point out the law, how the neighbour has broken it and demand a replant of a tree as close to the size of the dead one....assuming it is a UK case.

It depends on how much you like the neighbour but my opinion is that people like that need the law pointed out to them and the lines drawn so they are under no uncertainty that you won't tolerate their idiotic actions.

3 minutes ago, spudulike said:

I never understand how neighbours think they have a right to trespass and cut back trees or shrubs without the owners permission. Trespass, criminal damage and replant is the legal process.

If you don't go through the legals, I would at least point out the law, how the neighbour has broken it and demand a replant of a tree as close to the size of the dead one....assuming it is a UK case.

It depends on how much you like the neighbour but my opinion is that people like that need the law pointed out to them and the lines drawn so they are under no uncertainty that you won't tolerate their idiotic actions.

Its Newzeland Steve .