Rotators are they supposed to move like this?

swinny

First time out with the rotator and grab on the digger the other day.... little under whelmed  I must say.... 

Is the grab supposed to float / turn like this with minimal load? Shite if so..... even turned digger off and took off the qf points and tried again to.make sure oil not going back through diverter block and still the same.... 

I didn't think they should do this? I picked up a 5' log and held it out and pointed it up a bit and the bugger came back round with gravity when I released rotator direction... 

Not sure if or I haven't noticed this on my botex grab on the trailer.... 

Any ideas? Thanks

14 minutes ago, gdh said:

They will give if you have the leverage of a log but that looks way too easy to me.

Does it have the power to spin a log on the floor held by one end?

Can't remember.... I did try pick some.bigger logs up say 18" dia and it struggled and wouldn't rotate them. Fine on smaller stuff.... this is a 5.5t rotator like not a pee wee one.... bit disappointed in it. Think i might send it back.... 

I can pull mine round like that, and it will rotate with the leverage of a log. In normal use it’s fine, and I’m often surprised what it will rotate. If you want torque and holding power then you need a worm drive rotator- at a hefty price. 

What make of rotator is it? 

Thats not right, you should not be able to move that like that ?? when you grab a log with it does it hold it tight till you open grab ? i would say you have 2 pipes that are wrong way round ? even on my shit grab on trailer behind Kubota i could not spin the rotator even when using the leverage of a 8ft log in the grab, i take it the grab is new ? from a older post you was asking and seemed to be struggling with a 6 way diverter that you was fitting i tend to think you have something the wrong way round or there is a solinoid that is not functioning correct, i would start with a pressure test on the pipes to the grab n rotator all shoud be reading the same 2200psi + when opperated,,

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

Thats not right, you should not be able to move that like that ?? when you grab a log with it does it hold it tight till you open grab ? i would say you have 2 pipes that are wrong way round ? even on my shit grab on trailer behind Kubota i could not spin the rotator even when using the leverage of a 8ft log in the grab, i take it the grab is new ? from a older post you was asking and seemed to be struggling with a 6 way diverter that you was fitting i tend to think you have something the wrong way round or there is a solinoid that is not functioning correct, i would start with a pressure test on the pipes to the grab n rotator all shoud be reading the same 2200psi + when opperated,,

All this is new gear Gary.

Grabs logs fine and holds them and releases fine.... rotates fine left and right.... 

I first noticed when going to pick q log up next to another.... the grab touched the top log and moved.... I thought huh? Give over.... 

Got out and could rotate the grab like that on my own...... I even removed the pipes to the rotator from the divertor.... just unclipped the quick fit connectors..... so oil could flow no where so in theory shouldn't turn..... it still turned! It's like it's passing internally.... I expected a few degrees back and forth but not to be able to rotate it so far so easily...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, doobin said:

I can pull mine round like that, and it will rotate with the leverage of a log. In normal use it’s fine, and I’m often surprised what it will rotate. If you want torque and holding power then you need a worm drive rotator- at a hefty price. 

What make of rotator is it? 

This is an intermecato 55 type rotator