Hobbies

Ian Flatters

Mountain biking. Get out most Sunday mornings and some Wednesday evenings. Good laugh with mates. Usually end up in a pub. 
  Generally do bridleways/tracks etc in the Pennines, dales and lakes. Get to see some stunning places. Also go to bike parks and up lifts. Went Wales for a weekend couple of weeks ago and doing Nevis range soon.

Fantastic cardio work out, lost weight and finding work so much easier.

• Like 2

Any hints?!

Don't over complicate it and make sure your base is super flat.

I usually use cob because its free and eco.

Made small ones without chimneys, big ones with.

Make your door first and use it as part of your mould. Make sure wood is dry or it will shrink when you use it.

I just use sand for a mould. Lay cob over it. Dog sand out. Easy.

Enjoy the pizza.

In going to try to make a wood fired stainless oven next similar to the ooni.

• Like 1

Bought a cheapo metal pizza oven I was pretty useless at getting it working well think you need  insulation overwise temp is very hard to control?

Was thinking off encasing it in cob.
The ooni are good. Yeah you definitely need insulation. Found a schematic for the ooni so was going to copy that a bit.

Many hobbies but perhaps the most interesting is bell target shooting. The history is fascinating. 

It's probably the cheapest form of leisure shooting there is and has it's history firmly rooted in working class pubs and clubs in inner cities. 

I started the only bell target club in Norfolk during July 2019 with my wife's help despite her never having shot anything in her life. The club was an instant hit and membership steadily rose until covid hit, we even started running a juniors session.

We've been back since June of this year and still get between 12 and 16 shooting every week. 

Check out our website....

https://www.nbbelltarget.club/

Around 2/3rds of us shoot vintage air rifles, these being made prior to 1939 and having open sights. 

It's a very social club and while safety is our number one priority, banter and mickey taking are very much a part of the evening. 

I thoroughly recommend it if you have a club nearby. 

Any questions, feel free to ask. 

• Like 8

My hobby is very odd, but i never paid a tradesman, no one believes me but its true, i can do all by my self, carpentry, plumbing, painting, mechanical repairs, welding and so on,i like new things.I accumulated all tools needet for that, so practically fixing and building things its my hobby,and i can proudly say i have no unfinished projects, i failed some time but i learn quickly from mistakes. 

• Like 4

My hobby is very odd, but i never paid a tradesman, no one believes me but its true, i can do all by my self, carpentry, plumbing, painting, mechanical repairs, welding and so on,i like new things.I accumulated all tools needet for that, so practically fixing and building things its my hobby,and i can proudly say i have no unfinished projects, i failed some time but i learn quickly from mistakes. 
No unfinished projects is truly something to be proud of.
Similarly, I'll have a good go at most anything myself around the house and garden. I don't like to pay someone else to do anything I might be able to do. However, my list of unfinished projects is long and varied!

3 minutes ago, sime42 said:

No unfinished projects is truly something to be proud of.
Similarly, I'll have a good go at most anything myself around the house and garden. I don't like to pay someone else to do anything I might be able to do. However, my list of unfinished projects is long and varied!

Dont call unfinished projects unfinished, lets say they ongoing 😉, i just do not start anything unless ongoing is done,except for emergency things. 

Edited by Sviatoslav Tulin