Dealing with customers and dog shit

On 21/09/2021 at 18:15, Stubby said:

The people who are out and about who put it in a small black bag to preserve it ( whilst adding more plastic to the earths surface ) and hang it on a tree , for ever .  They would be better off just leaving it where the dog shat it and letting the slugs and nature break it down .

The people who do that is not a scumbags, but shitbags, meet some of them, also those who not collect in the forest park, or grass areas, penaltys, public works and so on. Proper policing! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I have had big dogs all my adult life always clean up after my dog but cats nobody cleans up after cats I have a house that overlooks my yard and they have a cat who likes to use the sawdust round my sawmill as a toilet I never see the little B#####d and there is not always time to sweep the sawdust and why should I its my yard so yeah I think Cats are much worse

• Like 2

Have to agree that cats are worse, I have a constant battle with them, raised veg plots all have to have chicken wire on them to stop them using them and destroying any veg. Worse is my outdoor workspace. It’s essentially just an open sided barn with woodchip on the floor and a gas bottle wood stove for a little bit of heat. Every time I fire up the stove the smell is horrendous from the little nuggets they’ve buried in the woodchip next to it. I’ve tried raking it to get rid of them, but that seemed to encourage them even more. Even tried building a sawdust outdoor litter tray (complete with roof and privacy walls) and it was completely ignored. I swear cats just like to annoy people, they are devious and vindictive.

• Like 4

Ok I don’t think I can patent this.
So anyone who uses this idea owes me a pint.

Red builders bucket with a bio hazard sticker on it.
3 holes in rim to put tent pegs through.

Tell clients before if you find any “bio-hazards” you will contain them at the cost of £25 each.
(Or more…)
They keep the bucket.

• Like 1

On 20/09/2021 at 18:33, JohnDeere7197 said:

How do you deal with customers that refuse or just unwillingly clean up after their dogs?

Have had several customers who have not bothered when asked before work commenced

Do yous just crack on and lift it yourselves? Or do yous charge extra for removing it yourself or extra charge for cleaning gear? etc.

Not the most pleasant thing to have to work with, just wondered how others have dealt with this issue

Thanks

bright orange tree marker spray and mark them all out on the customers lawn

• Like 1

On 20/09/2021 at 22:36, spudulike said:

Don't get me going on cat shit, at least the dogs only do it in their own garden and not the neighbours freshly prepared veggie patch!!

at least cats have the decency to do it in the borders and usually make some effort to bury it. not just squeeze one out in the middle of the lawn.

im not a dog owner, i hate it, i dont get why someone would gladly let the dog shit all over their garden?

at least fence off a little bit of the garden for the dog to use?

who is the animal in this, the dog or the owner?

On 20/09/2021 at 22:50, sime42 said:

Oh Jesus, thanks for reminding me!
When we moved house about five years ago one of the big reasons for me was to get away from our neighbour's 5 or 6 cats that were constantly shitting in our garden. It was like their personal litter tray, bloody disgusting. They also have the habit of burying it in soft ground, waiting for you to find it as you're planting or picking your veggies. Something that dogs don't do.

I complained to the neighbour but to no avail. I went as far as speaking to Citizens Advice about it; they told me that there was nothing within the law that can be done about the issue. Outrageous.

Don't get me started on ******** cats.

you shouldnt be ******* cats anyway, theyll dig their claws right in you. try a pig next time

• Like 1