Customer wants money off the quote?

Rennie29

I've generally enough work not to get cheesed off when I don't win a job but the ones I really would like to do I tell the client in advance that if they receive a like for like that is less then come back to me before accepting. 

One thing which does grind my gears are clients who want to pay cash and have an invoice. I tell them an invoice carries a 20% surcharge.

Another gear grinder piss boiler are clients who send back the signed quote (a legal obligation in France) but put a line through the 'with vat' total and circle the 'without vat' sum as if they get to pick the price they prefer. 

Just received another one today...

My Turkish retired economist eventually paid up.

He had witheld €600+ citing that we had only worked 'X' hours and that meant were on €180 per hour which was outrageous for 2 men.

I cracked and gave him a glimpse into running costs and expected salaries. 

Then I asked him if he would of paid us more if the job had run over due to weather or bad judgement.

I think he'll have us back.

Stuart

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

I've generally enough work not to get cheesed off when I don't win a job but the ones I really would like to do I tell the client in advance that if they receive a like for like that is less then come back to me before accepting. 

One thing which does grind my gears are clients who want to pay cash and have an invoice. I tell them an invoice carries a 20% surcharge.

Another gear grinder piss boiler are clients who send back the signed quote (a legal obligation in France) but put a line through the 'with vat' total and circle the 'without vat' sum as if they get to pick the price they prefer. 

Just received another one today...

My Turkish retired economist eventually paid up.

He had witheld €600+ citing that we had only worked 'X' hours and that meant were on €180 per hour which was outrageous for 2 men.

I cracked and gave him a glimpse into running costs and expected salaries. 

Then I asked him if he would of paid us more if the job had run over due to weather or bad judgement.

I think he'll have us back.

Stuart

Cheeky!