560xp not starting

Conner

3 minutes ago, Conner said:

Thanks gents.
Yes I have realised the connection is the heater connection when I got the crud cleaned. Have removed the carb to check the connection should I be able to see the piston rings through the inlet port. I can see the piston moving but doesn’t go down enough to see the rings?

I am not sure how you got the gig to look at the saw but anyway.....you need to look at the exhaust side of the piston as this side gets the hottest and will show the signs of seize. The inlet side is the cooler side and rarely show seizure marks.

The ring isn't visible on the inlet side as the ring ends are often on this side and would snag if they protruded in to the inlet port.

The saw belongs to a good mate. I’m ok with old kit so being Sunday.
Have pulled the muffler and some very light scoring on the piston. It has not lost all compression but don’t know the saw. I’m used to my makita saws so used to dripping spark plugs.
Sorry not the best pic of the piston. IMG_1632080531.628068.jpgIMG_1632080581.619198.jpgIMG_1632080531.628068.jpg

I had a light seizure on my 560xp a few weeks ago. Spent an hour or so with some wet and dry to clean the piston and pot. Managed to remove all traces of the seizure and one genuine piston ring later, the saw has been working hard again brashing and felling. 

Take the pot off for a proper look.

• Like 2