560xp not starting

Conner

Hi gents. 
I have been asked to look at this saw as not starting. Fuel not getting to the plug.  Before I pull the carb I have found a connection which looks as if it should be connected but can’t find anything to connect to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Saw has previously been worked on by an expert and is a beast. 3E76CD31-7B8C-4035-BBFE-4E3F5DCB87BA.thumb.jpeg.695f29cb15a3fb0638b58a382a63730a.jpeg

F6C4DB0B-ABC2-4485-8DD8-1AA5ABD09096.jpeg

• Like 1

Not the best picture, however the only pipes on that side of the carb are the ones to the purge bulb, a pipe from the carb to the short connection on the purge bulb ( suction side ) the other comes from the long connection on the carb ( pressure side ) and runs back to the tank.

The male spade looks like the rear carb heating plate connector on the XPG model....the other two connectors for the kill wire are much lower below the choke lever and not visible.

The saw should run without this being connected if it is the heater plate but obviously worth reconnecting.

These saws don't tend to cover the plug with fuel so your "fuel not getting to the plug" may be misleading.

Usual check is to make sure the plug is sparking and if it is, try a bit of fuel down the plug hole or a squirt of WD40 etc down the back end of the carb.

Like others have said, it may be a seized piston but that would be pretty obvious on the recoil handle but worth pulling the muffler off to check.

• Like 1

Thanks gents.
Yes I have realised the connection is the heater connection when I got the crud cleaned. Have removed the carb to check the connection should I be able to see the piston rings through the inlet port. I can see the piston moving but doesn’t go down enough to see the rings?