Chainsaw operator

richard@curteisforestry.co.uk

On 17/09/2021 at 11:55, trigger_andy said:

It’s maybe just oil town Aberdeen? I know Window Cleaners (no not that one) who travel an hour or so each way to clean up there as the rates are so good. He’s booked up for 3 months. Puts in silly quotes if he does not fancy the job and generally still gets them. That’s why I was helping out yesterday. £600 each in the hipper and we where only there 7 hours including two breaks and lunch, all customer provided. 😁

one of the problems in aberdeen is now getting trades to do jobs that arent huge money makers, all the smaller work is being ignored.   I am trying to find a good builder for a day or two work and no chance at all for many months.

for sparkys, roof guys, plumber, lawn folks who are willing to come work they sure aint charging that kinda money a day and have good lists ahead of them.  

if somebody qouted me more than 350 a day before materials they aint working for me.

so if somebody in aberdeenshire knows of a good builder who can do works such as harling, replacing a windowsill then let me know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, david wood said:

one of the problems in aberdeen is now getting trades to do jobs that arent huge money makers, all the smaller work is being ignored.   I am trying to find a good builder for a day or two work and no chance at all for many months.

for sparkys, roof guys, plumber, lawn folks who are willing to come work they sure aint charging that kinda money a day and have good lists ahead of them.  

if somebody qouted me more than 350 a day before materials they aint working for me.

so if somebody in aberdeenshire knows of a good builder who can do works such as harling, replacing a windowsill then let me know.

Good luck 🤣

I guess you’ll be waiting till the next oil crash before you see someone quote you the figures you’re demanding. 

On the other hand I can get you as much references as you like for my brother. Backed up with pictures.😉 

Pay peanuts, get monkeys. Why risk it? The fact you think you are determining rates explains why you’re still waiting. 

Good luck 🤣

I guess you’ll be waiting till the next oil crash before you see someone quote you the figures you’re demanding. 

On the other hand I can get you as much references as you like for my brother. Backed up with pictures.[emoji6] 

Pay peanuts, get monkeys. Why risk it? The fact you think you are determining rates explains why you’re still waiting. 

Come to sunny Yorkshire!
Trades men on £120 a day.
Tragic…

9 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Good luck 🤣

On the other hand I can get you as much references as you like for my brother. Backed up with pictures.😉 

its not that i am demading rates - never specified yet just based on the average of all the other folks who worked on house per day.    if your brother wanted the job and wasnt putting in a crazy price for what i suspect is going to be a no fun at all task,  

take large upvc window out in perfect condition,  remove old split concrete windowsill, refit new sill and then refit window, make good harling if damaged which i cant see a way around some,   leave site ready for internal finishing by decorator

its not a great job, wont make anyone a fortune, and the travel to it puts folks off as its an hr out of aberdeen.  

I have huge belief in using local trades as everyone thats worked on house is local, money stays in community and you build up a good relationship with them.  just all swamped with backlog of work after being shut down by covid

44 minutes ago, david wood said:

its not that i am demading rates - never specified yet just based on the average of all the other folks who worked on house per day.    if your brother wanted the job and wasnt putting in a crazy price for what i suspect is going to be a no fun at all task,  

take large upvc window out in perfect condition,  remove old split concrete windowsill, refit new sill and then refit window, make good harling if damaged which i cant see a way around some,   leave site ready for internal finishing by decorator

its not a great job, wont make anyone a fortune, and the travel to it puts folks off as its an hr out of aberdeen.  

I have huge belief in using local trades as everyone thats worked on house is local, money stays in community and you build up a good relationship with them.  just all swamped with backlog of work after being shut down by covid

He’d not bother unless he was making £5-600 profit. He has as much work as he wants making at least that a day. 

12 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Good luck 🤣

There is a massive difference between paying peanuts and folk having to wear a mask!!!

£350 a day is definately NOT peanuts.

I would actually be embarrassed to ask for 600 a day just for my time, that is simply greed in my book.

Thats why prices are going throu the roof so dramatically cos folk are just takin the mick with prices.

£600 profit for a man if not mmany/tools overheads involved is too much, i hope when the bubble bursts customers remember the rip off merchants and keep using the good local lads that have kept prices the same throughout.

Not much chance of that thou.

Edited by drinksloe
  • Like 1